Showers, Gertrude, Clive And Me

What would you say to the boy you feel is the rice to your pudding? 

I bet, on Izzie’s face, that covering him in vomit was not on your list. Maybe give him a bunch of flowers, shower him with chocolate, pat his head, fluff his pillow so he doesn’t strain his neck. Not cover him in alcohol induce vomit. Am I right? That’s good, Izzie gets to keep her face. 

I’ve never been able to handle my drink. I admit it. A lot of people can’t but yet they still do it. I’m not a complete prat drunk, it‘s just one drink and I‘m looking in wardrobes for the pathway to Narnia. I rarely get angry at people, I’m just more annoying and my thoughts will never stay locked inside my head like they should. I’m a good drunk, except for the end of the night where my head is in the toilet. There was only that one time where I was on holiday with Izzie and I tried to seduce this boy called Patrick. Long story short, I made up that I had a ‘party move’ and he ended up in hospital with a broken nose when my flying spoon trick went badly wrong. But that was only the one time. That springs to mind anyway. Anyway, he nose healed eventually, albeit a bit crooked but that’s not the point!

Sirius is staring at me like I have two heads and have escaped from the circus. I am lying here, almost dead and still quite drunk. I mean for starters, who knew that Sirius had three arms? I am sure he doesn’t but my vision is trying to fool me into thinking he has. 

“I think.” Sirius paused for a moment as he took in a sharp breath of fresh, non smelling of sick, air. “That we should go back.” I frowned. I had ruined it all hadn’t I? This was a chance to spend some quality time with Sirius and I end up throwing up on him. I sat up and looked at him. “Don’t give me that look Nellie.” What look? The can’t you just put up with the sick look? “I don’t mean to end our partying.” The moonlight highlighted his perfect, high cheek bones, the glossy black colour of his hair and my sick of course. “It’s just, I need to get showered and changed, because I’m covered in sick and you stink of sick too, so you might as well get showered too.” I raised my eyebrow. “Not together obviously. That would just be weird.”

“Am I supposed to be offended by that remark?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. 

“No.” Sirius said, as he stood up and pull me with him. “It’s just that your boyfriend wouldn’t like it.” He responded, his voice hollow and my face couldn‘t mask the hurt those simple eight words had on me. Not even all the alcohol in the word could of softened that gentle blow. 

We couldn’t escape Lucas..

Lucas didn’t even have to be in the same room and he was already causing problems for us. I didn’t want to talk about him. When mine and Sirius relationship dominated my life over my own obsessing; I could barely remember him sometimes. 

The way Lucas drapes his arm around my shoulder, the way his lips feel against mine, that he laughed at all my jokes, even the ones that were never funny and the way he tried to stop me from attending tonight. Other times though the memories screamed at me, painting a picture of what my life would be like if I could only get over Sirius. Memories that ripped me apart. The times when I should have been thinking about Lucas and Sirius was the only presence in my mind. 

The amount of times I wished Lucas was Sirius is shameful. The fact that every time I shut my eyes, I can see Sirius staring back at me. Even in my dreams doesn’t get the story right. It paints Lucas as the bad one in all of this when in fact that person is actually me. 

I followed him as quietly as I could, we entered the common room and the party was still carrying on. How James is getting away with this I’ll never know. People were dancing, getting a little bit friendly, drinking. The room was packed. Me and Sirius managed to get through relevantly unnoticed, or if people did notice us, they would avoid us like we had the lurgy. It was probably because we smelled too. “Come Nellie. You can shower in our dorm, I’ll find you something to wear.”