Chapter 47

CLARK'S POV

  I had been at work for at least 3 hours now, and I was starting to get worried about Y/N. I hoped everything went well with trying to help her father. Her parents didn't have the best relationship with each other, so I felt it was now or never for Y/N to try to fix at least SOMETHING in their history with each other.

  I was brought out of my thoughts by hearing Perry calling my name.

  I apologized, but Perry shook it off and asked me,"Have you seen Jimmy? He, normally, would be the first one in. I hope he's all right, but maybe it's something Superman can look into."

  I smiled and nodded, before I leaned back in my chair. I pondered on where Jimmy could be. I know it had been a while since I had been working, but Perry was right in this case: Jimmy would've been here already, and I hoped he would make it into work.

   Y/N'S POV

  We really were getting nowhere with the talk, because Mom was being stubborn. Dad was listening and trying to talk to Mom, but Mom wouldn't listen. She would just cut him off and start talking about how good John treats her.
  I could tell Dad was very hurt and wanted to leave, but I would always give him pleading eyes to stay. He would just sigh and sit back on the sofa, but I did feel like maybe it was best if we did this another time.

   I sighed and said,"Mom, let me know when you have time and we'll be back. C'mon, Dad, I have something to show you."

   I grabbed Dad's hand and led him to my car, before I told him to wait there. I went to the back of my truck and pulled out my present for Dad. Dad didn't seem to want to take it, since he never liked when I spent money on him.

   I rolled my eyes and sighed saying,"Daddy, please accept this and open it. It would mean the world to me if you did. Please.."

   Dad looked at me for a second, before he nodded and opened the present. He looked down and to the side, so it told me he would be crying in a few.

   I smiled saying,"I bought it a few weeks ago. I know how long you've been trying to fix that car and it was always missing something, so here you go."

   Dad gave me a kiss and hugged me saying,"Thanks, baby girl. I don't know how to repay you for this. You should probably get to work. He's a keeper, but you better tell me when he breaks your heart. I will gladly show him why he should not have hurt my little girl."

   I smiled and held my hand over my heart, before I blew Dad a kiss and ran, giving him one more hug. Dad hugged back and squeezed me too hard, which he knew I hated. I groaned in pain and pushed him away, before he chuckled. Pushing me forward. I hopped in my car and drove to the Daily Planet, before I noticed Jimmy standing outside.

   I walked up to him and questioned him saying,"Olsen, what are you doing?"

   Jimmy jumped at hearing my voice, but he didn't fail to hug me. He also told me how much he missed seeing my face.

   He answered my question saying,"I'm waiting on Superman for my article. I finally got my interview Y/N and you didn't think enough of me to get me one yourself. That's very rude.."

   I giggled and smiled saying,"I know, I just wanted you to find the right moment to see him. He's very busy and even I don't get to see him all the time. Consider yourself lucky, Jimmy."

  We felt the familiar rush that never got old, before Superman gracefully landed in front of us.

  Clark looked relieved to see me okay, before I sent him a smile and said,"Superman.."

  Superman smiled and kissed my hand, before he wrapped an arm around me and turned to Jimmy saying,"I'm ready whenever you are."

  Jimmy smiled and tried to get his questions together, while I stood on my tippy toes. I gently placed a kiss on Superman's jaw.

  Superman kissed my nose before Jimmy groaned and said,"C'mon, Y/N, I'm trying to do an interview here! This is my moment!!"

  I held my hands up in defense and squeezed Superman's shoulder, before I closed the door behind me. With that, I headed back to my desk. I sat down and it felt good to be back. Perry sent me a wave, before I waved back and went back to my work.
  I, then, heard screaming coming from across the street. I saw Flash running towards the building. I was confused, until the ground started to shake beneath me, and I lost my balance. A normal person would've run out of the building to save themselves, but I immediately rushed to make sure that everyone could get out.