Chapter 9: Of Stones and Birds

Carnage

Comment

Vote

Other Such Stuff

Chapter 9

 Junius moved from between the woman's legs. She covered her breasts and closed them casually. In an attempt to gain some form of dominance, he stood up and faced Arie, baring all. Arie hid her disgust and focused on her victory for it was a hard one to earn.

 "What is the meaning of this?"

 Marius was middle aged and man of means even before he began the brothel. A son of an influential proctorate guard and the only legitimate male of the family, he lived a good life and was known for his decent conduct. No one knew what changed. Arie did not care. She disliked that this man was against her and that she could not compete for him with Junius. So it was incredible luck that Yimah, one of the smaller and more nimble member of the Carthaginian group, had found something about him. 

 It was late in the evening and Arie was trying to figure out how to build a cold room.

 "The man, I know his weakness,"

She pulled him aside afraid that one of his spies had heard him. Junius had been very suspicious of the comradeship between the new slaves and her.

 "What is it?"

 "He has a family. A wife and five children, the last one is still suckling."

What can she do with that? Threatening the man's family would not work.

 "I'm on thin ice here, Yimah. Give me something," she told him impatiently.

Yimah scoffed condescendingly. "I tell you I'm good and you continue doubting me. The man cares for his family. It's true. I have seen them. If there is anything he would sacrifice for, it's them."

 "Shouldn't you be with that boy?" Junius sneered. He took his member between his hands and began stroking it in a disgustingly gentle manner. A few seconds later, he moved towards the prostitute once again.

 "Ahh my favourite customer, what can I do for you?" Marius clapped moving towards her from his position in front of the entrance.

 "Let us talk away from here,"

He took her to his office which was lavishly simple. "Talk then."

 "I feel like you have been working against me, dear Marius," Arie began. For the past few days, she has learnt a lot about him. She had deal with him carefully, and quickly too before someone starts looking for her. "I have tried earning your friendship in my own way with the money I give you,"

 "The money isn't even yours," he said tight lipped with his fingers steepled.

 "It's all yours now. That matters more. What more do I have to do?"

 "Get to the point,"

 "What else does Marius love? Your family, I think," she said airily. He stabbed a finger at her direction, "I know what you're thinking. Be careful now."

 "You'll be very interested to hear what I have to say,"

 The prostitute shifted away before standing up and going towards Arie. Junius became confused and straightened.