Oneshot No. 6~ Apocalyptic (Invader Zim)

No. 6~ Apocalyptic (Invader Zim)

D.I.B

Dib hurried up the stairs to his first class, his long raven bangs ticking his nose. He was late, again. He couldn't help it if so many unexplained things popped up on the way to school! Seriously? A dark shape coursing through the bushes? He needed to investigate!

Well, sort of.

In actuality, he had given up his incredibly important job of investigating, exposing, and/or protecting his large city from the unnatural that lurked in the shadows. That day...

He opened the door and scurried into his homeroom, receiving contemtuous looks from his teacher, Mrs. Hagthorn (yeah, that was really her name) and from everyone in the class. The usual.

He say through a boring lecture of history about the Egyptian Dynasty. He knew it all, of course. What mystery hunter wouldn't, what with the whole conspiracy concerning the pyramids? Built not by humans, or even aliens, but by dinosaurs? No serious mystery hunter could resist studying that.

That was how Dib learned most of the stuff he did: by going after a mystery and getting a couple encyclopedia volumes' worth of knowledge in at the same time. Those were the days.

He looked up and realized class had ended. Did he really spend that much time in his reverie? Oh, how--

"Class dismissed, Dib. I don't know why you even bother you bother to come TWO THIRDS OF THE CLASS LATE anyways! I swear..." His teacher interrupted his thoughts.

Dib hurried out before he got "the Chair" again. He shivered at the thought.

Another day of boring lectures and lunch with(out) friends. Why'd he even come anyways? Its not like he had to. He often cut school now. Yeah, looked like today was another day.

When Dib got home, Gaz was there. She was supposedly sick today too. Dib reached into the fridge, got a can of "Poop Cola" and retreated into his room. As usual. He didn't know why, but today, he was feeling a bit nostalgic.

What could he say? Two years ago, that damned alien left. And after that, Dib just, stopped. All of the mystery hunting, and chafing after things of that sort, ended. Maybe it was due to his dad getting sick.

_____________________

A/N: Unfinished, should I finish? Make sure to comment ^ ^