Chapter 40

Louis' P.O.V. –

"When will you come out as gay?" I whispered to Liam, leaning towards him near his locker.

He turned to me with wide eyes with a mixture of confusion and fury in his eyes.

"I'm not gay. Why did you ask that question?" He asked, crossing his arms.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and said, "Didn't you kiss Niall?"

He chuckled and said, "I think you have a huge misunderstanding mate. As far as I know, both of us, me and Niall, are straight."

"You don't need to hide anything Liam." I said. He might be scared to admit it.

"I'm not hiding anything Louis. If I were gay, I would've confessed it by now. I'm not the type of person to keep such huge secrets. By the way, I already have a girlfriend and I would never cheat on her." He said, smiling.

What does it mean? Is he lying? Or is Niall lying? Or are they both lying? Hm. Mystery.

I don't think Liam is lying. He seemed genuinely happy when he mentioned his girlfriend. I wasn't aware he had a girlfriend. I think this is the first time I'm conversing with him. I wouldn't know anything about him. And if Liam is telling the truth, I wonder why Niall would lie. He would be nervous but why was he so scared to tell the person's name? I'm going to find out the truth.

I walked back to my locker, ignoring the beetroot who was calling my name.

Suddenly, I was pushed harshly and I stumbled but regained my stable position.

"I've got some news for you. Would you like to hear?" The beetroot asked, wriggling his eyebrows.

"No." I refused bluntly.

"It's about Harry. Do you still refuse to hear it? Or are you more interested in hearing something about Mr. Grimshaw?" He asked. What could possibly be the news about Harry? I hope he didn't get into some sort of trouble for kicking the beetroot yesterday.

"What is it?" I questioned.

He smirked and said, "You're eager to know. Harry is currently dating Taylor. Do you know the girl? I hope you do. They both love each other – "

"No they aren't dating." I said, cutting him off.

He shook his head, chuckling, "You could always ask Harry. You're a boy who is his ex-girlfriend. That sounds absurd."

Harry is dating Taylor. Harry Edward Styles is dating Taylor Alison Swift. Why does this sound so horrible? We broke up a few days ago and Harry got over me so quickly. I never meant anything to him. Harry was single and he's allowed to date anyone he wants. But why does this news pierce through my heart?

Niall was wrong. Harry didn't love 'Louis'. He didn't love me. Niall gave me unnecessary hope. A portion of my heart had started believing that Harry loved me but I was wrong. Maybe he lied about loving 'Louise'. He's straight and it would be better for him if he dates a girl.

I'm assuming things on my own. There are rumors about me and people actually believe them or assume things. I shouldn't do the same. There would be no difference between me and them. The beetroot is not trustworthy. Why should I even believe him? He could be lying after all.

My thoughts were interrupted by a slight push.

"Louis William Tomlinson, are you temporarily dead again?" Perrie asked, pushing me. I pushed him away and frowned.

"No, I was just thinking." I said.

She raised an eyebrow and asked, "And what were you thinking about?"

"It is nothing." I said, shaking my head.

She nodded slowly, still confused.

"I wanted to tell you that Zayn apologizes for what he has done. He's too nervous to say it himself and he won't even tell me why he is apologizing. What did he do?" She asked.

Zayn apologized? And couldn't say it himself? Great. He's caused a lot of trouble in my life. Should I tell Perrie? Zayn knew the reason but he made up his own story that I became a girl to seduce any man possible and then aimed at my teacher. The students laugh at me, call me a 'slut' and my life has turned into a hell due to him. Harry assumes things because of what Zayn did. Zayn created a big misunderstanding. Perrie is his friend. She would believe him more than me. There is no benefit of telling her.

"I don't know why he is apologizing." I said blankly.

"Zayn is stupid. I'll tell him to use his brain but he never uses his brain. I think his mind would've been rotten by now." She said, walking away.

Forget zany. Focus on Harry. Fox on Harry. And that fox is me. Uh, that sounds weird.

I walked slowly towards the chemistry class with the books. There was enough time left but I didn't want to be late.

"That didn't mean anything."

I walked across en empty classroom. And I moved to the chemistry – Wait, the classroom wasn't empty. I heard a hushed voice. That could be a ghost. The ghost seems studious. I walked back towards that not-so-empty classroom and stood outside the door, trying to listen to the voices inside.

"But you can't do that." A voice said. And I know this voice. I know it so well. It was Niall.

"I can. It was a mistake. I don't know why I did it." Another voice said. It sounds familiar.

"You can't simply kiss someone without a reason. Don't pretend to be straight. I know you're not." Niall said.

This means the other person in the room was the one who kissed Niall and made him realize that he was gay. He's Niall's crush.

And the most surprising fact is that the voice didn't belong to Liam.

It still sounded familiar.

"I was under stress that day and I'm straight. Don't doubt it." The voice said but the person sounded unsure. I've heard this deep voice somewhere. But who's the person. I'm not able to figure this out.

"You're not only lying to me but also to yourself. You were the one who initiated the kiss. No straight person would do it. But if you're going to remain stubborn, it's fine. Don't try to talk to me again." Niall said and I heard footsteps approaching the door. I heard behind a corner before he left and then I heard the other person come out of the room.

I tilted my head to look at the person and my eyes widened. The person was in fact, familiar and I didn't expect him to be the one that Niall liked. He sighed and moved away from the door.

My jaw dropped to the floor and that made a loud sound. I looked down and oh, that wasn't my jaw. I just dropped my books on the floor. I shook my head at my weird imaginations and bent down to pick up the books.

But the person. I didn't expect it.