The Queen

"What are you here for again?" Mordred inquired. "Obviously if the Disir gave you something, than that means you've studied or even used magic."

"Hunters chased me..." I replied. "But if you know what the Disir are, then that means you've done the same."

His eyes widened. He muttered under his breath Oh crap, and sighed heavily. "Fine. You're right. I use magic." He furiously pushed me. "But so do you! How am I supposed to trust you?! I'm not going to push the subject any further... until later."

I shrugged nonchalantly though I was full of anxiety. "Okay then."

There was a knock on the door. "That's Merlin." Mordred said. His voice seemed uncertain and angry at the same time. The door opened and Merlin stepped in. "Uhh, why do you all seem pissed at each other?"

"Well, Merlin, some information slipped out of Caeli." I sat down on the bed and crossed my arms. "She has magic, Merlin. She lied."

My blood began to boil. "SO DOES HE!" I furiously jabbed my finger at him. "And why the hell do you need to know, Merlin. Are you going to tell the king?"

Merlin pondered. "No. I won't, only because all of us in this room have magic, and if you have no intentions of harming the prosperity of this kingdom, I will have King Arthur house you... in the castle. We must supervise you."

Mordred growled. "What the hell was that Merlin?! Do you have any common sense? There's no way we could house her if she has magic. She has a symbol of the Triple Goddess. The Disir gave a famous amulet to her. The Druids have been researching it for decades. And she has it!"

Merlin sighed. "I could have told Arthur that you had magic, but I didn't because I wanted you to be safe here. He choked on those last words. "Good luck, Caeli. Get ready for the meeting with King Arthur, for it will be in 15 minutes."

_____

I walked towards the doors of the throne room, ready for my fate to be decided. I will be satisfied with any decision that he declares. Scratch that, I'm terrified. The black small heels I was wearing were clicking against the floor anxiously. "I like your gown. It suits you," I heard someone say behind me. It was a female voice. I turned around cautiously to see a beautiful standing before me. She wore a red and gold dress, obviously way more expensive than the one that I was wearing. My dress was forest green with silver trimming around my wrists and ankles. "You must be Lady Caeli."

"Yes ma'am." I voice faltered. "Thank you by the way. Your dress looks very beautiful on you... I don't know your name."

The woman chuckled. "I'm Queen Guinevere, but you can just call me Gwen." She then came close to my ear. "I can tell you that the decision has already been made about you and what will happen to you in Camelot." I held my breath. Is it good? Is it bad? Will I be living, or will I be dead tomorrow? "You will be staying here in the castle with all of us. The king, me, Merlin, and the knights." I sighed with relief. "This will be the case until the end of the war with Morgana, basically the end of Morgana. Thank Merlin for this, for he convinced my husband for this."

I took a deep breath, feeling a little less distraught. He actually helped me with not being lit in flames. "I sure will, Lady Guinevere."

She raised her eyebrow. "I said call me Gwen. You don't have to be so proper around me. And by the way, Mordred was talking about you." She hinted a smile.

"Ummm... why?" I inquired cautiously. What is he up to? He knows something that no one else knows.... And if he spills it, I'm over with. My voice and knees began to shake."What did he say?"

She chuckled. "Nothing important to you."

"Well it's about me", I began to regain my confidence, "Everything is important."

She tilted her head and looked away for a moment. "I mean nothing important right now. You will find out eventually, if you are intuitive."

What the hell was that supposed to mean? Intuitive? What's going on that she, or he, or anyone is not telling me?