First Meeting

Light poured in my room. I tried to cover myself with the comforter but someone pulled them off. Merlin. "Ugh, Merlin. I'm still sleeping, you can't tell.

I rubbed and opened my eyes. Merlin was standing right at the edge of the bed with the emerald comforter in his hands. He cordially responded, "It is 7 in the morning, the time of which I told you i would wake you up. So I expect you now to get up, eat, and-"

Someone stood in front of the door and leaned on the door frame. I saw his red armour and cape. He looked at me and held his gaze. His bright blue seem to stare right through me. His jaw flexed as he directed his sight to Merlin. "I heard you from down the hall. I was going to ask if you could shine my gauntlets before the hunt at 10, but I see that lady that you spoke about with my liege," his eyes grazed me, "occupies your time."

"Well, can you be so patient, Mordred, as to wait here," he pulled out the chair from the writing desk.

"Fine with me, but I'm not so sure about her. She seems annoyed with you, Merlin." he looked at me again, but this time I looked away.

"It's okay with me, and by the way, Mordred or whatever your name is, I have a name. It's Sienna." I grinned sarcastically. "I'm not annoyed just tired. I don't usually wake up at 7 in the damn morning." I swung my slim legs to the side of the mattress.

Merlin coughed and started for the door. "While you two argue... I'll fix up your," he glanced at Mordred, "gauntlets, and your," he switches his gaze to me, "breakfast, my Lady."

He closed the door silently, in contrast to last night.

"I heard you got chased by hunters and ran to Camelot for a safe haven. How do you feel? Safe?" He cocked his head. "Because if you have magic like Merlin suggests... you die." He emphasized.

"I don't have magic, Sir Mordred." I snapped back at him, staring right at him. "I don't know why everyone thinks I do. But I have a question for you. Why does it matter to you anyway?"

He glanced to the floor, shyly. "I just do," his daring blue eyes then locked mine. I felt a chill down my spine. "I don't know why King Arthur still keeps a ban on magic. That you can't trust anyone with it. It was Morgana, an evil witch, that killed our formal king . Not all people with magic are bad." He clasped his hands on his head, looking down. His dark brown hair was tangled between his pale fingers. "I'm sorry I just ramble on about the most irrelevant things."

"Morgana... who's Morgana?" My ears were ringers The one who told me about Emrys was named Morgana. "She killed the King Uther?"

I creeped around in a dark forest, making sure not to crack a twig. There was a giant troll sleeping about 10 meters from me. His composure slumped and I could see his disfigured spine pop out from his back. He was a light brown color and wore stained white shorts. His humongous ears covered a large branch that fell during a storm that I passed through earlier. I was fleeing from my parents, because they were too controlling and oppressive, but I never expected to run into this.

CRUNCH! The tiniest twig that I stepped on roused the giant. He stretched out, and I heard a yell from behind me. "Come over here. NOW!"

"Are you listening?" Mordred shook my shoulders. I refocused my eyes, and all I saw were his blue eyes. He shook me again. "Are you listening little girl?"

"I am not a little girl." I growled through my teeth. He covered his mouth, and I could see his body shaking and his eyes were smiling. "I'm serious. I despise being called that."

He uncovered his hand from his mouth and frowned. "Alright, I get it. It's fine."

I stood up, and walked towards the oak desk in the corner of the room and grabbed my amulet that my mother's gave me when I was very young. It was was a round, gold ring with a snake intertwined made of emeralds. I showed it to Mordred and said timidly, "This was my mother's'. They gave it to me before I left them. They were oppressive and always called me little girl, all the damn time. Even before I ran away, which at that time I was 16."

He snatched the amulet out of my hand and quickly studied it. His eyes then widened. "I studied this design since I was a child. In fact, my whole family did. This is one of the marks of the Disir... and saying that you have mothers make you a daughter of the Disir." He looked up at me. "Who are you?"

"A nobody." I replied. "Yes, the Disir gave it to me because they said I had great potential, that's all." I knew that I was lying, but that wasn't the point.

He must never know who I am.