Sherlock - Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Sherlock

Sherlock found the Doctor buzzing his little contraption at the monitor by the TARDIS dashboard. He was going to request that the Doctor return him to London, where he could confront Moriarty.

John was at his heels, muttering phrases like ‘Sherlock, it’s a trap’, ‘Sherlock, please’, and ‘At least let me go with you’. He would even try to grab him by the arm to stop him from proceeding forward.

But, as one could guess, Sherlock kept marching forward until he had come upon the Doctor.

“I need you to take me to London,” Sherlock demanded to the Timelord when he had caught sight of him.

“What?” the Doctor looked between John and Sherlock.

“London?” Holmes said, but more hastily.

“Yes, I heard you the first time,” the Doctor took his eyeglasses from the bridge of his nose and folded his arms, “I just find it interesting that you expect me to drop everything and take you where you want to go. So demanding.”

“Just take me where I need to go,” Sherlock stood where he was with his hands in his coat pockets.

“Sherlock!” John snapped, “Please listen to me!”

“What’s the magic word?” the Doctor teased seriously.

Now,” Sherlock glared at the man. He looked to triumphant for Sherlock’s taste. Standing next to the dashboard, holding his screwdriver in one hand, spectacles in the other.

“Oh, now I’m persuaded,” the Timelord muttered sarcastically, “The magic word was ‘please’, but ‘now’,” he mocked Sherlock, “Will do. Anywhere specific in London?”

“The London Eye,” Sherlock answered.

John shifted nervously, leaning on his cane. He knew what kind of mind Jim Moriarty had, the kind of things he did. He also remembered what he made Sherlock do. John shook the thought.

“Alright,” the Doctor began maneuvering the TARDIS with less turbulence this time. It was a good two minute ride to their destination before the Timelord hit a switch, turned to the other two men and said, “You have arrived.”

Sherlock headed for the door. As soon as he put his hands on the doorknobs John’s voice sounded behind him.

“Sherlock!”

He turned, his black trench coat swirling around his figure. He gave a look that said ‘I don’t have time for this make it quick’.

“Promise you’ll be careful?” John asked with a look of concern.

Sherlock turned up his collar and pushed the doors open.

~~

The Doctor had parked somewhere really inconvenient. Sherlock stepped outside, onto a helipad of a large building. About 10 yards ahead of him was the edge. He swallowed a forming lump in his throat. Images of the street below flashed in his eyes. He blinked a few times before letting the TARDIS doors, which he was holding open just a bit, close.

He headed to a large metal door that led to several flights of stairs. Sherlock jogged down, each step making him a little, just a little more nervous. When he reached the bottom, another metal door stood in front of him. Sherlock shoved it open with anticipation, before bounding out into the open.

To his right was the great, big wheel sitting over the river Thames. He walked across the street so that he was on the same side as the attraction. He continued walking down the pavement when a hand grabbed his wrist.

Sherlock tugged away and looked at the beggar that was sitting on the sidewalk wrapped in a blanket, with his face covered. “Won’t you help a poor soul?” the voice croaked, holding out a cup with a few quarters in it.

Sherlock quickly shuffled through his pockets, before pulling out a few pounds. He stuffed it into the can, before turning to keep walking.

The person reached out and grabbed Sherlock’s wrist again. Sherlock looked down to try and see who the man was.

The familiar smile of pearl white teeth appeared on the man’s face. A set of brown, almost black eyes stared into Sherlock’s.

“Long time no see,” Moriarty said.

He threw the blanket he was wrapped in to the side, revealing a clean, pressed suit. He stood up and smiled, before embracing Sherlock, who stood as still as a post. Moriarty pat his back before pulling away to look at Sherlock.

“So how’ve you been? I was beginning to think I would never see you again!” Moriarty teased. Sherlock stared at him. “How about we have a nice ride on the, London Eye?”

 A/N:

Would you look at that? I updated! I've actually had inspiration and time! This is so exciting! I hope you guys liked this chapter, I tend to do short Sherlock chapters which drives me crazy, I don't know about you. So, yeah! I hope you guys have liked the story so far!

Thank you so much for all your support. You've come this far with Superwholock and I want you to get through to the end of the story! You're all awesome!

Like and comment! Recommend Superwholock to your followers!

TL4E