Doctor Who - Chapter 9

Chapter 9  

Doctor Who 

The Doctor stared at the screen in terror. He didn't know how it was possible. Had the master returned? Surely that is not possible? Sam, Dean, and Sherlock had come up behind him and were observing the monitor. For all they knew it could have been some sort of screen saver. 

"What is that?" Dean asked, "Some sort of screen saver?"  

The Doctor's breathing grew heavy. Something was terribly wrong and he had no idea what. The odd death back at Baker Street, the drum on the monitor, there was nothing that could make the situation any worse.  

"No," the Doctor said, he turned to face the three men, "Wake John up. We all need to talk. Now."  

Sherlock spun around, his trench coat twirling in a circle around his legs, and walked to John. He stared down at him, before smacking his head. John's eyes snapped open and he fell off the bench. "What?!" he shouted, before pulling himself to his feet.  

"We all need to talk," Sherlock said blankly.  

John rubbed his head. "Where's my walking stick?" he muttered. He looked around for it but it was nowhere to be seen. "Great," he said sarcastically.  

"Don't worry, I have one for you," the Doctor said. He bent down under the TARDIS console and yanked something from under it. He stood up with a brown, smooth oak cane in his hand.  

"Here you go." He handed it to John who was looking at the Doctor like he was mad.  

"You just have a cane stuck to your machine?" Sam asked, "Okay..."  

"You don't?" the Doctor sincerely asked the question.  

"Anyway," Dean shook his head and turned to look at the Doctor, "Guess we should all get to talking?"  

They all murmured in agreement. "Yes," the Doctor said, "Come with me."  

He walked over to a spiral stair case and began sprinting up two steps at a time. Sam and Dean followed closely behind, but Sherlock walked like he was taking a leisurely stroll, while John hobbled along behind him, his left hand clenching the railing, the other gripping his walking stick.  

When they all made it to the top, they were at the end of a hallway. The Doctor led them down the corridor, until they came to a metal door. "We can talk in here," the Timelord offered. He opened the door with his sonic screwdriver and they all walked in.  

"What is that thing?" Sam asked, pointing to the device in the Doctor's hand. 

"A sonic screwdriver," he answered casually, "You can use it on anything but wood. Wood is bad."  

Sam nodded, "Is it alien technology?"  

"Sam, focus," Dean snapped.

They all stood at the entrance of the room. It was rather small and a lot of the space was taken up by a large white, round table in the center. It had eight plastic chairs tucked under it. The room looked like it hadn't been used in several years. 

"Everyone sit down," the Doctor said, pulling out one of the chairs.  

They all sat down around the table, the chair legs loudly scooting along the floor. "Okay, so what is going on?" John asked, before yawning. He looked like he had just gotten in a gang fight. His hedgehog jumper was torn, his hair was messy, and he had a red marking where Sherlock had slapped him. "I need someone to explain everything to me. With the weird case in London, this place, and those two," he said pointing to Sam and Dean.