Chapter Fifteen

Kia's POV

It's been morning for quite a while now and the Sirens are far away from my memory.

If I don't accept the Alpha as my mate then what would happen?

If I continued the war would I be ok with having him possibly get killed?

An agonizing pain ripped through me and I fell to the floor, gasping.

Absolutely not!

Ok, not the best thing to think after what the last few thoughts about rejecting him caused.

"Ok, I have to go and talk to him." I muttered at last.

Warmth spread throughout my body and my cheeks held a blush. I quickly grabbed a change of clothes and slipped them on: a pair of black jeans, a tank top, and a black leather jacket.

I put my jacket and shoes on afterward and then jumped out of my window since Stark thought I was gone.

Only then did I remember I was supposed to visit the Sirens but the Moon Goddess had warned me about the war.

I ran into the woods, taking the short cut to the pack house.

My breathing was short when I got to the driveway. I leaned over and put my hands on my knees to catch my breath.

A heard a few growls and I looked up to see a woman and two men glaring at me.

"Oh, go growl at someone else you big dogs." I sneer and then stomp pass them, up to the door.

I banged on the black door for a couple of seconds and the door whipped open.

"What do you want?" A very slutty girl snaps.

I narrow my eyes at her and cross my arms over my chest and I purse my lips.

"I want to speak to your Alpha." I say, struggling to compose myself and act the way my mother taught me.

"Sorry but he doesn't want to speak to Mermaids. Especially the Mermaids who look like sluts." She sneers.

I was appalled at her words. Who does she think she is?

"How about you look at yourself before you go talking about other people." I snap.

Before she could say anything else, another figure stepped in front of her.

"Go to your room, Riley." The figure said and I almost melted at the silky touch to his voice.

My mate was standing in front of me.

"Angel, have you missed me already?" He asks and I roll my eyes as my insides begin to turn to mush.

"I need to talk to you." I tell him and glance up in his eyes.

"You're talking to me now." He smirks.

"We need to talk alone. Stop messing around, this is serious." I tell him and his smirk disappears and is replaced by seriousness.

"Alright, we can go to my office." He says and then opens the door wider and guides me down several hallways and up a few flights of stairs.

"Your Goddess or whatever you all her came into my house last night. Did you send her to try and talk me into being with you?" I ask as we enter a fairly normal sized room, crossing my arms as I tried to ignore the rapid beating of my heart.

He was shutting the door as I said this and then whipped around to meet my eyes.

"The Moon Goddess met with you?" he asks in disbelief.

"More like broke in." I mumble but nod.

"What did she say?" He asks.

"Nothing I want to talk to you about. Anyway, explain to me why I am mates with my enemy." I demand and he scowls.

"What makes you think I want to be your mate anymore?" He glares at me.

My heart stopped for a few seconds and I froze. He didn't want me?

"I-um-yesterday-" I stumble over my words.

"Yeah, you can forget about yesterday." He snaps and I blink.

Pain flew through my body, making every inch ache with hurt. I couldn't speak and I felt like I was falling apart.

I turned around and tried to breathe but I couldn't. It was like I only breathed for him and his unsaid rejection made me stop.

My body was quivering and felt like it was going to wither away any second.

I grabbed the door handle to leave his office and turned it, slowly.

My legs were going to give out soon yet I couldn't seem to move any faster.

My face scrunched up and my other hand went to my throat.

Air! I need air!

Tears built up in my eyes and I bowed my head. I couldn't breathe and I was afraid of death.

Arms went around my waist and warm breath was fanning over my ear. I wanted to shiver underneath his touch but my body was shutting down.

"You feel that? That's what I felt when you said you didn't want me." He growls in my ear.

Desperation was clawing inside me and I felt myself getting lightheaded.

"You made me feel as if I was nothing. You made me feel as if I wasn't meant to be in this world." He continued and then his mouth went to my neck.

"But now, I'm reversing the situation. You don't like this, do you?" He snarls and I shake my head.

I'd do anything for air. I'd do anything...for him.