Chapter Ten

Kia's POV

I stand there, motionless and stunned. I was a Werewolf's mate.

"No." I whisper and fight to get out of his hold.

He frowns and pulls me closer.

"Why not Angel?" He asks and pulls his hand off of my mouth.

"Because you're a Werewolf!" I spat and smacked across his face.

I didn't like hurting him but I pushed the crazy feelings I had for this guy.

Hurt flashed across his face but immediately tuned cold.

"And you're a Mermaid but I saved you from getting slaughtered by one of my men and I have accepted you." He says icily.

He was the one that saved me.

"You also killed my mother!" I seethe and wriggled in his arms as tears burned in my eyes.

He brushes the tears away with his thumb and a helpless sob leaves my lips. I missed her so much.

"You took her away from me and now my Father won't even talk anymore. It's like he's gone too. You left me parentless. You left me a job that I am not ready to take nor fulfill." I say and I keep myself from looking at him.

"I have nothing against Mermaids." He tells me and I laugh emptily.

"That is lie and we both know it. Every Werewolf has pitched in, trying to destroy me and my people. Don't try to lie about it." I sneer.

He says nothing and I knew I dug up something.

"I know you saved me but I also know this little trick. You're trying to get close to my brother and me just to turn around and kill us but listen closely, I'm not going to fall for it." I tell him, hate filling my words.

I jerk in his arms, wanting him to free me.

"Let me go, you beast!" I shout and he lets me go.

"You will be mine, Angel. I promise." He stares at me and then he is gone.