Chapter Eleven:

Chapter Eleven:

  Cassidy remembered being locked in a room with two Officer Clyde’s.  She remembered the gun being pointed at her head.  She remembered the trigger being pulled.  She even remembered the shot.

  She didn’t remember why she was lying on the floor a few minutes later.

  “What happened?” She asked as she sat up and the room tilted.

  “Careful, you hit your head,” Somebody murmured.  Arms tightened around her and then she was standing.  Leaning heavily on the person supporting her, but standing. 

  “What?” Cassidy murmured.

  “Shh,” Somebody said.  A soft hand was running through her hair.  Cassidy let out a breath and the forced her eyes open more. 

  The room had righted itself and there was a person on the floor.  Cassidy blinked as the body came into focus.

  “Shh, Cass, it’s alright,” The person supporting her said soothingly.

  “No, no,” Cassidy said as she tried to break free from the circle of arms she was in.  “Is that? No, no, no” She said as she struggled.

  “Where’d he go?” Somebody burst into the room breathing heavily.

  “Lola, is he ok?”

  Cassidy’s head was pounding and things were starting to spin again. 

  “He’ll be ok, I think. The bullet went into his chest, though, so I’m not sure if it hit a vital organ or something.”

  “What happened to Clyde?”

  “Clyde’s out cold.  The evil one slammed him on the head and took off.  I ran out to the parking lot but he was gone.”

  “Did you call an ambulance?”

  “Yeah.”

  Cassidy couldn’t make any sense of the conversation.  She vaguely recognised Lola’s voice and thought she was hearing Henry’s.

  “Is she ok?” Somebody put a hand on her arm.

  “She will be,” The other person answered.  “I’m going to sit her down.”

  “I’ll check on him.”

  Cassidy was moved to a chair and ended up sitting on someone’s lap.  Warm arms circled her waist.

  Cassidy moved her head to the side and ignored the pain.  She locked eyes with Henry, his normally emerald eyes were instead a dark mossy colour.  Worry was filling them and sadness was evident. 

 “Cale,” Cassidy said finally realising who was missing.”

  Henry gave her a small, sad smile. 

  Cassidy began struggling again as she focused on the body on the floor.  She could see dark blonde hair and a slowly spreading scarlet puddle.  Sobs escaped her throat as she stared at her brother on the floor.

  “Cale,” She whimpered. 

  “He’ll be alright, Cass,” Henry said as he tightened his arms around her.  Cassidy fell back against his chest and turned her head to the side.  She sobbed loudly on his shoulder.  She avoided looking at her brother.

  After waiting what felt like hours, but was really only five minutes, Lola let out a gasp.

  “What? Lola, what’s wrong?” Henry peered around Cassidy’s blonde head to look at Lola with concern.

  Lola pointed at Cale with a shaking hand.  “I…I can’t find his pulse!”

               *********************

  I am pleased to inform you that while this chapter is extremely short, so sorry about that, the next chapter is much longer and the story only has about three chapters left. 

  Update later or tomorrow depending on whether or not I finish the story today.  Innovation week means I get to write all day at school!