Chapter One

Chapter 1

                "Hey guys," Luke called out loudly as he pulled Thresh by the hand in with him. They were at Kolt's house a huge magnificent mansion, where the whole 'group' was. Everyone was doing something on their own, and there was a forgotten movie was playing on the TV screen.

                Russel had Leo all snuggled up in his chest. Russel was a normal human with blonde hair and blue eyes, yet Leo was a neko who had diluted yellow-ish hair and grey eyes. Grace was sitting in the corner, drawing quietly. She had black hair and usually wasn't noticed by the rest of the group.

                Most of those here had been formed into couples over the past week. Luke and Thresh were the only two whose relationship wasn't formed in this house. Leo and Russel were obviously a couple, they had been formed on the first day the group got together down here. There was also Crisis and Jinx who had been put together not that long ago. They both looked a bit rough around the edges, but they were generally nice people... sometimes...

                Then there was Amber and Kolt, who were laughing together near the middle of the room. They weren't an official couple yet, but it was only a matter of time. This was a bit of a surprise for everyone, since they had expected Amber to end up with Darius. But no one had a problem with it, since they actually fit together pretty well in the end.

                Then there were the people in the group who didn't really have a partner yet. Eliza and Felix weren't together, but most believed that they would be together by the end of the week. It was obvious that Eliza liked Felix, he was just being an oblivious idiot who can't see two feet in front of him, or closer. They were pretty much opposites of each other. Eliza was a good girl, innocent and modest, pretty and cute. Then Felix looked just as tough as Crisis and he liked to fight. The auras the surrounded the two of them were completely different.

                There was also Marcus and Heath... Marcus was very much the stereotypical gay guy; bubbly, happy, with lots of bright colors and rainbows. Heath, on the other hand, was as straight as a pole and was pretty monotone, he liked to keep to himself most of the time. It was plain bad luck that Marcus fell for the guy. Marcus -as most thought- wasn't going to give up and was always trying moves on him, though in reality, he knew that Heath would never, ever like him back. Heath was also Kolt's best friend, he had literal green hair and a nice face.

                Hunter, Gunter, and Nightfall were newer people. They looked like ordinary humans, other than the fact that Nightfall kind of had blue hair. Yet there was something different about them. All were siblings, Hunter being the oldest and Nightfall being the youngest, but Hunter was a complete idiot who couldn't add two and two together, so Gunter and Nightfall had to act like the older siblings.

                Darius, who was mentioned before, had a bit of a crush on Amber. Though -strangely enough- he was still getting over a previous obsession with Juliet (Kolt's older sister). He was generally a sweet and funny guy, but... he wasn't exactly the most attractive person in the world... With bleach white, short hair, glasses, and a pretty unattractive baby face, he wasn't someone who all the girls would jump for if given the chance.

                Juliet was the older sister to Kolt. That automatically forced her to be more mature and act more like a mother than an older sister. She had extremely long blonde hair and semi-grey eyes, covered with thin rimmed glasses. She was very protective of her younger brother, and as far as anyone knew, she didn't really like anyone.

                Rune was the last of the group and the second quietest (after Grace). He was one of those guys who preferred to just watch things happen instead of getting involved. His silky blonde hair was abnormally long for a guy, and he usually tied it up with a blue ribbon, just to keep it from going wild in the wind. On the outside, he was well-mannered and mature, but on the inside, he was actually pretty girly, though he would never show it.

                Luke and Thresh walked over and sat in their usual spot in the circle, Thresh obediently cuddling into the demon's lap. Luke wrapped his arms around him tightly, nuzzling the top of his head as they waited for the rest of the group to file in, which they proceeded to do quickly.

                Just then, footsteps were heard out in the hall. Everyone looked in the direction of the sounds. In stepped a brown haired male with grey-bluish eyes and a crooked smile. He flashed it at everyone in the room and Luke tightened his grip around Thresh automatically. "Hey,"  The stranger said in a deep, ragged voice. "Name's Seth." He looked at Gunter expectedingly.

                "Oh!" Gunter flushed and go up to join his friend. "This is Seth," he introduced, gesturing to Seth with his hand, "As you guys already know. He recently moved here, and I was hoping he could join us." He went back to sit in his seat near Rune, and Seth stood there as murmurs arose in the group. His eyes scanned the crowd to find approval.

                "You can sit down," Kolt said. Seth grinned crookedly and went to sit next to Luke and Thresh. Luke stiffened and held Thresh closer to him. Thresh peeked out his head and observed the stranger. "Hey," Seth repeated. Thresh smiled warmly and was about to say something when he was interrupted by Amber.

                "Let's play truth or dare! Everyone knows how to play that, right?" She smiled at Seth. "Are you okay with this? We usually play gamesonce in a while to get to know each other more." At this, a few snickers were heard. Sometimes these games did break the ice a little too much, but it kept things interesting, so they continued to play them nevertheless.

                Thresh whined in disagreement but no one in the group paid any attention to him as Luke pushed him back into his chest. They were already used to his complaining about the games, ever since the closet incident with Luke and himself.

                Luke glanced down at Thresh and smirked, kissing his neck lightly as he glanced over at Seth. "Don't worry Princess, you're not going to kiss anyone but me." He murmured against his neck possessively.

                Luke couldn't help but feel especially possessive with Seth next to them, the guy just seemed to give off the wrong kind of vibe to him. Thresh peeked out again at Seth and waved a tiny wave with his hand before being shoved down by Luke again. Though he might have just be imagining it, he kept noticing Seth glancing over at his Thresh everyone once in a while with a strange glint in his eye...