Dragon Rider - Hobbit

There was a time when the fearsome, beautiful land of Alagaesia was ruled by men astride mighty dragons. To protect and serve was their mission. And for thousands of years, the people prospered. Their King and Queen were loved by all of Algaesia, as their four sons and daughter learnt to become great dragon riders themselves.

Each of the children learnt to control and element with their dragon. The eldest son Guy learnt to control water; Jacob learnt to control the earth, the two twins Roran and Eragorn both learnt to control the sky and lightning, whilst the youngest and most loved Saphira was gifted by fire.

The royal family were blessed with long life and healing powers. The only way to be killed was with the correct blade plunged into their heart. A blade so rare the King had ensured that the metal was destroyed. However as one rider named Galbatorix betrayed the royal family and his country, by joining Sauron.

As a few riders grew arrogant he took his to his advantage turning them dark and against the order and mission they once lived by. When the final battle between good and evil erupted that was the day when Saphira lost everything. One by one, free lands in Middle-Earth fell to the power of the One Ring. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of Men, Dragon Riders and Elves marched against the armies of Mordor and on the slopes of Mount Doom they fought for the freedom of Middle-Earth.

Gil-Galad, Elrond and Elendil stood standing for the elves as they regard their enemies as the orcs snarl back, taunting them. The Dragon Rider army with the royal family in the front row of their snarling beasts dressed in their armour flew facing those who had betrayed them. Men and Elves fought for the land and the Rider's for the sky.

Victory was near. But the power of the Ring could not be undone. Saphira can still remember Sauron strides onto the battlefield. Elrond looks up in trepidation. The Dark Lord, towering over both elves and men, brandishes a mace and shows the Ring of Power glowing on his finger. In fear, some of the warriors back off. Sauron wields his mace, hitting a group of warriors and sends them flying across the field. He repeats it with another fell swoop. Elendil, raising his sword to strike, attacks Sauron, but Sauron parries his blow and flings him against the rock, crushing him to death. Horrified, Isildur runs to his fallen father. It was in this moment when all hope had faded, that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's sword.

Isildur grasps the hilt of Narsil but Sauron quickly stomps it down, shattering the blade. Sauron, with the Ring on his finger, reaches down towards Isildur. With a last desperate attempt, Isildur lets out a battle cry and strikes Sauron’s hand with the shards of Narsil, slicing the finger that bears the One Ring. Sauron lets out a cry as the Ring is separated from him. He implodes, sending a shock wave throughout the battlefield, knocking the warring troops off their feet. His armor falls unto the ground, his body vaporized.

But the battle wasn't over, the cries of men and screams of dragons raced throughout the field. A Rider Morzan, had secretly created the one weapon that could kill the royal family as one by one he destroyed them. Though Saphira was too fast for him. As she fought on the ground she felt the tear of her soul as she glanced up to see her dragon scream and cry out before saving her life and falling to the ground motionless.

With anger, sadness and pain Saphira killed Morzan with his own sword before she ran to her dragon. She wasn't strong enough or so she thought when she had tried to save her dragon. The amount of power she used nearly killed her as the Elves took her back to Rivendell to heal.

Sauron, the enemy of the free-peoples of Middle-Earth was defeated. The Ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever. But the hearts of men are easily corrupted. And the Ring of Power has a will of its own. It betrayed Isildur to his death. And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost.

When Saphira woke Lord Elrond bowed in respect as he presented the sword to her, as she held it in her hands. She felt shame course through her, she was the reason that the days of the Dragon Riders were over. She had no family, no companion and no soul. Her dragon was the strongest race, but his weakness and defeat had been he loved and cared for her. He had saved her life and since their bond was so great, it left Saphira just an empty shell without a soul.

Saphira can still remember the time when the lands flourished without cruelty and fear. A time of dragons and Dragon Riders. Men astride magnificent beasts. No one could defeat them. She knew that one day the time of Dragon Riders will come again. But her hope grew thin. When she slept she saw the fire and destruction of her people. She never left Rivendell, she stayed in silence to her room, no one ever saw her and that was how she liked it. Until one day when a strange company of dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard entered Rivendell......