Chapter 10 - Monster among Men

She could feel them; the chains around her wrists and feet. They pulled at her delecate flesh, and they would scar her. The Hunter stared at her from behind the bars, his firey eyes traveling over her bare body, and he chose her. She did not beg for mercy, but instead she cried silently. She would not give him what he wanted; domination over her. Her spirit was not so easily broken.

She could feel him biting and clawing and loving every second of her. She fought against him, ripping at his flesh but it was all a game to him.

“You’ll be mine til the end of your days.” He snarled.

“Do what you want with it.” She replied defiantley, silently. “With this body. Tear it apart, tear it to shreds, to peices. Control every bit of it. But you will

not take control of my mind, and you will not rip the spirit from this heart.”

“Is that so?” A new spark had erupted within him, a new flame in his eyes.

“As long as this heart beats, I will never be yours.”

He chuckled deep within his throat, and leaned in to whisper, “You were always mine to begin with...”

“No.” Ùsahtiel snarled, sitting up, making many of the dwarves toss and turn. She could feel Fili’s arm around her waist, and he tightened his grip as she moved. That’s right...she was here in his grasp, under his protection. Filitarn could not reach her here, not without going through Rivendell, and their path had been destroyed by the rock giants; she was more than safe.

Though, not for long.

She hadn’t realized that she was not the only one awake; the shadow of Bofur and Bilbo stood in the entrance, scaring her half to death, and the next thing she knew Thorin was yelling them for all of the to get up. And then she say why; like a snake expanding across the floor, a crack had begun to form in the sand, opening up benethe them, sending them into a gaping hole.

Head over heel over sword over axe, body over body, Ùsahtiel’s head was spinning and cracked against a rock or against someone else’s, she didn’t know. For a moment they were in mid-air, and Ùsahtiel came crashing down under so many bodies, her ribs being crushed against the bars of the cage they had landed in. And then they were being ushered along by disgusting little creatures. Ùsahtiel slapped at them, pushing a few over the edge, but they grabbed her wrists, twisting them behind her back and forcing her forward.

“Bilbo!” She couldn’t see him in the sea of creatures who shoved her along so violently. They hurt her ears, the way they screeched and the stench of them stung her nose. Never would she forget it, if she would ever be able to get it out of her nostrils.

“Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Theives? Assassins?”

“Dwarves, your manevolence.” A little pink creature spoke up. Ùsahtiel had deduced that these things were goblins; scarecley mentioned in her parts of the world.

Dwarves?”

“We found them on the front porch.”

“Well don’t just stand there, strip them of their weapons!”

Ùsahtiel was wrestled to the ground, and stripped of her sword, along with her dagger. As if she would need them to shred these vile creatures. Soon the dwarves and Ùsahtiel were standing infront of a pile of weapons; their weapons.

“So, what are you doing in these parts?” He demanded.

It was none of his beeswax as far as the dwarves were concerned.