Chapter 7

------------

Hey there my Christmas pudding's! Sorry I took a while to write this chapter. I have no excuse, I was just lazy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's an exciting one!

-------------

~Last time~

"She's not okay," she said simply, unemotionally.

"Who?"

"Charlotte Sophia Avery, your little sister."

"What!?"

"It happened again," a sick smile spread across her face, "they found her!"

~Continuing~

Charlotte's POV

 I watched on in horror as Jasmine collapsed to the floor, her blood pooling around her. The pain and the sadness slowly subsided to a terrifying rage.

I strange tingling sensation ran down my spine and for just a second all I could see was a grey hazy mist. When I could see again it was as though I was looking through someone else's eyes. I had no control over my body. Like I was the puppet, and someone was pulling the strings.

Everything seemed painstakingly slow. The men's movements were like freeze frames whilst my movements were but a blur. I could hear the ticking of a man's watch, each tick stretched out for the longest time.

My head whipped around rapidly, looking at each man in turn. And then I lunged. I leapt through the air and landed behind one of the men. My eyes widened in shock as my hand plunged into the man's shadow, disappearing from sight.

"AARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!" the man screamed pain evident in his voice.

There was another scream, a high pitched wail. Pain wracked my body and I realised the scream was my own. I wanted to pull away, to make the pain stop. But I couldn't! My fingers wrapped around something, something cold. Then the puppet master drew my hand out of the man’s shadow.

I looked down to find two identical combat knives in my hand. I stared at them, understanding finally dawning. This is what I felt inside the man's shadow, but how? I didn't have time to think.

"Stop," I mumbled.

I rose to my feet. Still not in control of my actions. I lashed out, a knife in each hand.

"Stop!" I screamed, my voice shaking.

I couldn't stop myself. I turned to the man who had stabbed Jasmine; bringing a knife up to his neck. The man looked down at me, a triumph shone in his eyes.

 "Do it! Kill me!" he said, goading me, he didn't think I could do it, "Kill me you MONSTER!"

My eyes widened, was I really a monster? No. They were the ones who killed so many of the students. They're the real monsters.

That's what I told myself. Yet, somewhere in the back of my mind I felt as though it was true. That having those words spoken aloud made confirmed it.

"DIE!" I screeched in a voice that was not my own.

A sliver of fear flashed in his eyes. I drew the blade across his skin, slicing open his neck. I watched as he fell to the floor, drowning in his own blood. A twisted laugh escaped through my lips.

Tears ran down my face, cool against my cheeks. I didn't want this! It was never supposed to be like this!

I watched helplessly as I slaughtered person after person. Each of the men falling to the floor, one by one. Their deaths seemed so excruciating, their soulless bodies twisted in pain. And I just continued to laugh.