EPILOGUE

Ok, so this is an unnecessary indulgence, I admit, but a funny thought struck me and I thought I would incorporate it into a little romantic epilogue.  For those of you unfamiliar by the way, Greatfather Winter and Winter Veil represents our Christmas.  This however, is the final, final installment in Book 2.

Music: - Open Arms by Journey

Sarah had been studying Khadgar closely as he'd moved around his property in Dalaran. He was cataloguing all that would need done to repair it. She still found it utterly astounding how, after all they had been through, after all they had put each other through, they were still together. Her love for this man was all-consuming, far beyond any infatuation or crush which had preceded this moment.

His reaction to the news of her expecting his child was one she would never forget. Having approached the confession carefully by saying that if he was unhappy with what she was about to tell him, she would disappear through the portal and let him be, no hard feelings, no regrets, no recriminations. Granted, she had initially thought the look of shock on his face meant he was indeed unhappy, and she made to depart back to her home in the Scottish Borders. But it had not been as she had thought. The Archmage was ecstatic, and he had begged her to reconsider leaving. He put forward all the cons of her going home, but mainly he pleaded with her to allow him to be part of hers and his child's life, always.

That had made her even hungrier for him than she had ever been. She smirked to herself, wondering if he had any idea what he had let himself in for. That was of course, providing she could overcome the new personal problem she had acquired. It was something she needed to address and the longer she put it off, the worse it would get. Khadgar's voice brought her out of her reverie.

"I guess we will need to find another place to live," he said as he glanced over to where she stood. He seemed to stop in his tracks just for a moment. He'd noted the familiar look in her eyes. The corners of his mouth toyed with a grin as he returned to picking up one or two soft furnishings that had went astray from their normal positions.

She looked around, assessing the situation. "Oh, I don't know," she smiled. "We could fix it up, there's not much needing done. It's not nearly as bad as some of the other properties in the city."

He walked over and pulled her close, wrapping her in his embrace. Smiling, he said, "Even so, we will need somewhere else for when the baby arrives. I thought perhaps you would prefer being in Stormwind?"

She smiled, tracing a finger down his cheek and round his jaw. "What about your work? You are based here."

He flexed his eyebrows. "It's the perk of being a mage, I can be based anywhere, it matters not. What does matter, is that my family will be comfortable, and safe."

Sarah beamed. "Your family, eh? That has a nice ring to it."

"Yes." His eyes drank in her features; the smooth brow, with its tiny nicks from the shattered crystal of Illidan's felblood crystal, her soft hazel eyes, growing more vibrant by the second, the gentle curve of her jaw and the full, inviting lips. His tongue ran along the crease of his mouth before he concluded. "It has, hasn't it?" Unable to resist, he kissed her gently.

She lay her head against his chest. This problem of hers plagued her mind. It had been bothering her since their return from the Broken Isles. Now seemed as good a time as any to tackle it. "I'm not the same anymore, Khadgar." She had attempted to sound confident, but the words came out in a whimper.