Chapter Two: Breaking into the lab.

My first two lessons were double maths most school kids would probably rather go to the dentist then do maths but I love it.
I guess it's because I'm good at it. I know its weird isn't it? I don't get it either but my mum she was good at it too, really good. I guess I get it from her.
Darren loves it because it means I can help him do the finance side of his dodgy DVD selling he'll get us both in some serious shit one day.
I just know it, I can't not help him though he's my best friend he's done a lot for me.
I met Darren at break and we are now sitting in the sixth form canteen at a small round table. I'm scoffing down a sausage roll, man its good.
"You can't bring Keith with you on Friday you know that right?" Darren said after taking a sip of his coke.
I sighed, "I know won't be easy though he never leaves me alone my dad told him not to ever let me go anywhere alone."
Darren gave a wave of his hand, "He's too over protective nothing will happen just make sure he doesn't follow you or something."
"Are you saying I have to sneak out?"
Darren grinned, "That's exactly what I'm saying."
The canteen door gave a creak, I looked up to see Billy come in with his lapdogs or in other words mates who did exactly as he demanded.
I hate Billy all he ever did was give me grief he saw me looking at him and started towards me.
I took a deep breathe. "Hey Nico," he said taking a seat opposite me, "I need to talk to talk to you after school meet me at the gates," he said cocking his head so that he was clear.
"Hey you can't just come in here and tell him what to do," Darren said his voice a little loud.
Billy looked at him, "Stay out of this," he gave him a look that meant he didn't have to say it twice. Darren frowned but stayed quiet I saw him clench his fists.
I raised an eyebrow "Why?" I said looking at Billy already regretting asking because his expression turned into one of anger almost immediately, he leaned in closer.
"You don't ask why you just do understand."
I swallowed some spit, "Yeah I'll be there."
He got to his feet and walked like he had something between his legs as he headed over to his lapdogs. Darren held back his grin, but he laughed out loud after ten seconds of controlling himself.
"You just can't do it can you?" I ask
"You can't just knock that gits face in can you?" he asked back.
"Don't try worm your way out of it," I sigh.
"Oh come on cheer up. Billy is an asshole, you could knock his face in any day and all his lapdogs," says Darren as he gets up from the table.
"Where are you going?" I ask.
"A quick sale," he says raising his eyebrows at me before he heads towards the exit of the canteen.
I sigh frustrated, wondering maybe even worrying what Billy wants. I doubt it's anything good. I leave my food half eaten on the plate and sprint to catch up with Darren.
"Who may that be for then?" I ask as I look at the DVD in his hand, insidious chapter two? "Are you being serious and your carrying it around, what if someone see's it," I say snatching it from his hand.
"Oh come on Nico. How many times have we done this now? I never ask you to come," he says.
"No but you always ask for my math skills though don't you? How many times have I told you, you don't make shit out of them, I could give you more money just by mowing the back lawn twice a month," I sigh.
"Your garden is massive I'll be there days mowing that," he says cringing at the thought; don't blame him either about that particular example.
We carried on walking through the canteen Darren pushed open the door that separated it from outside.
 "Its for Kasey,' he suddenly revealed not looking at me, "She's been waiting for it to come out but says she can't afford to go cinema so I said I would give it to her for three quid," he looked at me and grinned.
"Maybe she'll give me something back if you know what I mean."
I laughed and nudged him, "You're a nutter," I said.
His grin widened, "I know."
The rest of the school day passed by just like that and most of the lessons were boring as hell P.E was fun though because that was the only lesson Darren and I shared that's one thing we have in common we both love sports, football mostly.
Occasionally we play basketball to this includes in and out of school oh and if you're wondering what happened with Darren's DVD thing,
Kasey totally flirted with him and surprise, surprise he flirted back and she asked him over to her house on the weekend which is typical.
When the clock hit three I was dreading it. I was waiting by the gates Billy would be here any second. I wish Darren was with me but if Billy found him here he would lose it. I wish I could stand up to him like Darren could. Darren didn't fear him to be honest,Darren didn't fear much at all.
"What's up," a voice behind me said.
I recognized it as Billy's why must he always greet me like were best friends it annoys the hell out of me. We couldn't hate each other more if we tried.
He walked up to me and said, "Walk with me." I did as I was told and started walking beside him. I don't know where we were going though.
I didn't even want to think about it he didn't waste any time as in an instant he demanded, "I need some money."
I looked at him, "For what?"
"Don't worry about that," he said not looking at me, "Just get me some okay and don't say you don't have any the whole school knows you're loaded."
I opened my mouth to say exactly that but then thought better of it, "My dad has money not me," I say quietly hoping he wouldn't kick the shit out of me.
To my surprise he stayed calm and said, "What's the difference I need money your family has money know what I'm saying?"
I nodded even though he still didn't look at me, "What happens if I don't?" I risked.
He stopped walking, faced me, leaned in to me and whispered in my ear "I'll break you legs."
I'll like to see you try! His fist collides with my face, I hit the pavement...
"Okay," I say quietly.
"Good," he says before he walks away leaving me standing outside the school. A rain droplet hit my arm; I look up to see the dark clouds coming slowly across the sky.
Now and again I'll imagine what might happen if I stood up for myself, would he punch me? Probably, would it hurt? I don't know I've never been punched in the face before, came close but it's never actually happened.
"Nico," calls Keith who had just got out the car waving at me. I sigh before I walk towards him as the rain starts to get heavy.
I climb into the car reluctantly. I sat in silence the words rolling around in my head, the words I probably would never be able to get out my mouth, words which may just get him off my case forever. "I'll like to see you try!
"Nico," someone calls my name. I open my eyes looking around. I had some how fell a sleep in the car, Keith had carried me into the mansion and he laid me out on the sofa in the study. I slowly sit up to find someone I don't recognize. I look around as panic grips me.
"Who are you?" I demand, "How do you know my name?" I ask in horror.