Lovin' Hell Ch. 14

Chapter 14: Right for Wrong

Xavier was dropped like month-old prunes, completely forgotten as the monster that was Ravyx jumped for the blood he truly wanted.

He didn't like Onyx at all. However, he couldn't stand by to let Ravyx feast on her while she lay defenseless. She was so still he thought she was dead, but there was the faintest rise of her chest. The girl was obviously dying though.

"Cantrix!" he yelled as his fully functional hand snagged Ravyx's foot. He hauled him back roughly, smashing his body to the floor.

The grade five demon was suddenly at his side. As he gave a hefty kick that sent the monster on the ground rolling, he smiled at her scantily clad body while she glowered at him.

"This house does not repair itself!" she snapped in her sultry accent, looking at yet another hole in wall. "I am getting fed up with your fights!" Cantrix had to tug up her immodest tube top a bit since someone's eyes had been running a little low from hers. Please, from that long stretch of exposed skin to her low-riding jeans, there was still plenty to look at.

"Now tell me why you called."

As if the reason wasn't obvious. Even as she spoke, Xavier was constantly beating Ravyx back who seemed to be wholly focused on getting to Miss Dependent in front of him. Made handling him a hell of a lot easier though, since he wasn't being attacked anymore. And soon he would be out of the count once the poison hit his nervous system.

Xavier held up his shredded forearm, watching that loose skin just a-flappin' while sliding in between Ravyx and Onyx in a crouch. Cantrix watched from the wall as the mindless one prowled around to find an opening, growling softly on the floor. "I'm poisoned and I won't be up for much longer so you'll have to take care of them."

"What is wrong with your brother?"

"Somethin' bout this chick's blood made him go crazy. I'm going to knock him out then you'll do the rest. Even after I've restrained him, you'll need to be careful. If he gets loose, Ravyx won't just bleed her dry, he'll eat her, too."

Cantrix's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "That far gone?"

"Ye--"

The wind was knocked out of Xavier as Ravyx took that moment to spring.

His world spun as the two of them sailed right over Onyx's body to crash back down, leaving a dent in the wooden floor. Xave tumbled like a rock down a hill. Ravyx, on the other hand, he saw land more gracefully on all fours. The demon turned tail and began to sprint back to his meal.

Xavier grunted in irritation as he picked himself up.

"Hold him off for about five seconds Trix," he ordered the lesser. As a servant of primarily Ravyx, she couldn't physically hurt him, but she sure could stall him. To demonstrate, she turned demonic to erect a great wall between Ravyx and Onyx, sealing off her side.  In his numbing arm, demon magic flowed out pooling on the ground to form a circle of the darkest black. Bending down, Xavier reached down, submersing his hand in it.

After a second or two, he quickly pulled back out. In his hands was a hefty, plain ol' mallet of magic. As the circle shrank to nothing, Xavier started walking towards Ravyx who was banging against the great, black barrier which trembled more and more with every pound.

"I am so tired of you," Xavier muttered when he stood right beside the demon even though Ravyx paid little attention to him. "You can drop it now!" he yelled, pulling that huge mallet back.

The wall disappeared as Cantrix reabsorbed the magic. Wary, she quickly moved out of the direct path to Onyx.

Ravyx did not hesitate to run to his prize. The first step put him at the mean end of the mallet's range.