The Undead

"Their hearing as well as their vision is absolutely superior. They can also sense when something around them is alive and what it may be. These creatures are undead, and match no possible myth that may be around. These things are the reason people are getting murdered so often and why people are going missing too suddenly. That is all the general information we've got to give you. These creatures need to be destroyed," he looked up from his papers of information and stared me in the eyes. "Are you prepared to accept this?"

"Yes, sir. I am."

*One week later.*

I’ll admit, I’m kick ass when it comes to certain situations. Such as fighting, for instance.

But right now, it’s a bit difficult. I’ve got two of these things coming upon me. I haven’t had to fight two of them yet, only one, and I normally caught them by surprise, except this time, I was caught by surprise. They are very difficult to kill, and they’re extremely ugly, which doesn’t make it any better. It takes two bullets to their head to kill them. I’m using specially-made bullets for this purpose. If I used regular ones, it’d take at least five shots, and even then, it’s no guarantee that they’ll die. The bullets I’m using split open upon hitting its target, then it releases a very toxic substance.

I was trapped in one’s arms and the other was coming towards me at a frightening speed.

But, I was faster. I whipped my gun out of my pocket and aimed at the creature right between the eyes. I quickly hit him with two rounds, but it was difficult, considering the fact that I’ve got one trying to rip my throat open. I had to elbow him in the face a few times, which I know didn’t feel too good because it felt like I’d broken my arm. It managed to bite me a couple times, too.

The creature I elbowed was momentarily stunned, and had let me go.

Big mistake on its part.

I didn’t hesitate as I shot him the same way I did the first creature.

Sighing, I put my gun back in my pocket after I reloaded it. I looked down at the two bodies before me. None of them I’ve seen so far look anything alike. They don’t look too human, either. They’ve got no nose, just nostrils in the middle of their faces. The only thing that I’ve noticed is the same about them is their eye colors. They’re always either yellow, orange, or red. Their skin is a very pale color with a tint of yellow and their teeth are sharp and long, which believe me, I felt that when I got bit just seconds ago. They’ve got ears that look relatively normal, and their hair was always a shade of black. They were also about seven feet tall, which is very big compared to my small, five foot five frame.

I was told whenever I killed one to take it back to the headquarters. My car wasn’t too far away, so I hid the bodies in case somebody decided it’d be a good idea to take a stroll through this alley, and went to pull my car around. I dumped them in the trunk, which smelled like absolute shit. The creatures’ bodies decompose very quickly, within a matter of hours. That’s why my boss wants me to get the bodies to him as soon as possible so they can study them and do a bunch of tests.

I got in the car and examined my elbow in the mirror. It didn’t look too pretty, but I figured I’d be able to get it cleaned up back at the headquarters. I tied my long blonde hair up in a bun. My boss wouldn’t be too happy if he knew I was fighting like that. He’d said it was an advantage to the enemy because it’d be an easy thing to grab, and he told me to get my hair cropped to my chin.

I refused and told him I’d just wear my hair up. He’d reluctantly agreed, but told me if something happened to me, that’d it’d be my fault and he’d say “I told you so.”