Chapter 5

As I stared at Brennan's wings, I couldn't look away; I was in awe that Cameron walked up next to me, and I didn't even notice, " Angelica wake up...." " Huh? Oh sorry I was just amazed that's all" Brennan seemed embarrassed and looked away, " Well whatever we found our third person, so we need to get the show on the road" " Yeah your right" I replied as we flew back to my apartment, they were very great flyers as I was struggling a bit I guess for recently getting my wings I wouldn't nail it down properly, Brennan thankfully helped me with it though as he gave me pointers which were very kind of him, with a few minutes of trying to nail it down we reached my apartment in no time, landing on top of the building while we sheathed our wings " So your parents that you told me about, do you know them?" Brennan looked at me as he asked; I then felt embarrassed about how I didn't realize how tough this can be" No, not quite, I know about them, but I don't know them personally, for I haven't met them." I was an idiot for not asking Mrs. Tatum anything about my parents, not even their names or what they could possibly look like, or even how Mrs. Tatum knew them, I rubbed the back of my neck embarrassed " Hey it's ok, I mean you wouldn't know from false information" Cameron said beside me yet he still had his intense gaze toward Brennan, " Ok you know what you're right, Mrs. Tatum after all landed me her journal, she even said when it gets confusing I can use it" I took out her book and opened it as I examined the pages until I stopped on a page that caught my interest, it was talking about Pure Blood Angels, a type of angel that is the most trust worthy and that has a real heart, and where you can find them, " Hmm this could be useful, hey you two where were you originally from or well when you first came here" I looked at both of them as looking for their answers, " I came from France when I traveled down here" Cameron's said as my eyes widened at him, how come I couldn't tell from his voice? " I came from Nevada, Las Vegas" " Really, Brennan?? That's good to know" " In what way? What is this about anyway?" Cameron asked, unsure of why I needed to know, " Well, I mean, there is a page about Pureblood Angels. It says there are certain places where you can find them" Then finally Cameron took interest and stared at me," Is that so?? But how can you tell if their Pureblood Angels" " Well since we have different styles of wings, it shows how we can determine an angel on who they are if we look at the details of their wings, after all, I feel this should be important since even us three have a different style" I replied, looking at the fairly detailed pictures of the wings, it had the same style as mine, which could only mean that I am one to, which can only mean my parents are ones too so hopefully it will be easy to find them " Well then I think I know where we have to go" Brennan said as I looked up from Mrs. Tatum's book, " You do??" I was surprised; I didn't think Brennan will catch on so quickly to where we needed to go " Well if you hadn't met this couple, your parents, I mean, do they at least know about you?" " Yes actually, Mrs. Tatum said with the incident that had happened at the orphanage and the possibility of it being in the news, that they'll want to look for me" " Ok, well the possibility of it getting on the news is indeed a one hundred percent possibility, but we need to remember that it only shows it over in this state, for now at least, if we can make it over to our destination before it reaches, we will be able to see them" And that place is?" Cameron asked being very impatient, I could tell easily he was losing his cool, his gaze on Brennan was intensifying that it gave me goosebumps just what was his deal with Brennan?, " We need to go to Oregon, Baker City once we head into Nevada we need to check if it will be on the news once we get there" Brennan explained, each detail was incredible to me, and he seemed to be the brains in the group and I am proud about that, " Ok we will head there, but if we run into trouble we will have to be prepared, and it's clear that you know how to fight but Angelica we need to train you to fight a bit" I was about to protest with Cameron but he then spoke up, " Yes I know you were the one that got us out of that hell hole an hour ago, but let me remind you that I was the one that did the fighting" he had a good point I sighed as I thought about it, I did know how to fight somewhat but I guess if we have many obstacles then it will be a good thing for me to fight and to gain some pointers from Cameron, " Fine that sounds good, we should hurry though cause New Jersey and Nevada aren't very close together and it will take a while till we get there, besides I really don't want to waste any more time" " I agree let's go ahead and leave, if we make it there fast enough we might find out a thing or two about the children's whereabouts, and Courtney as well" Cameron then unfolded his dark wings with me and Brennan following his actions as we flew up into the night sky, making our way to Oregon, Baker City. We have flown about three hours or so, and I was getting tired as my back was sore, Cameron and Brennan didn't look fazed at all, they probably had done this plenty of times before, traveling looking for something or somewhere to live. Most likely for Brennan for he lived in Nevada before, and for Cameron living in France, which is crazy for it was a longer distance, I just need to keep pushing through... can see the kids and Courtney once more.

(Flashback to 8 months ago)

" It's crazy knowing you will be going and living on your own so soon," Mrs. Tatum said to me, and it was true I was going to move from the orphanage and take care of myself " Will you visit us, Angelica?" One of the kids asked me as I looked at them with a smile, " Of course I will if I didn't know any better I can take one of you as my child if I so desired" I said chuckling as all the kids giggled, I then heard the door behind me open as I turned to see a  familiar smiling face, " Courtney you came just in time" Mrs. Tatum greeted Courtney as I was smiling like an idiot, " I came to give you something Angelica" " Oh really? What is it?" I asked Courtney's as she pulled  out a charm necklace" I remember the days when Mrs. Tatum told us about the Supernatural and I thought it would be neat to give you something that's somewhat involved, so I found this charm necklace from an antique shop" She then gave me the chain as I put it on and examined the necklace, " It's perfect, thank you Court," I said with a smile and hugged her tightly as she hugged me back until I heard her whisper in my ear, " I love you, Angelica, I'm so happy that you have stayed by my side, so thank you for sticking with me until the very end, no matter what happens, I will be here."

(End of Flashback)

As I flew I held the charm necklace to my heart and whispered the same words as tears started to fall, " I'll stick with you until the end, no matter what it takes I will be there, so wait for me Courtney, wait for me till the very end."