Saved Ch.6

Chapter six.

Diana had found herself doodling small photos of teddy boys. She had been seeing a lot lately due to the fact she had spent almost half the night yesterday watching John and his group preform one last gig in the Cavern before heading to Hamburg.

With small flicks of her pencil she had finished adding detail to the quiff of a small figurine she had drawn.

Ruining her focus, a small pad of paper landed on her desk.
She looked around a moment and there she saw John and a few of his mates giggling to themselves.

She began to flip through the sloppily torn out pieces of notebook paper and read crude articles in sloppy handwriting. She laughed softly at the over-exaggerated drawings of professors, the rude jokes, and the wit of whoever had written it. Of course, who else but John.

Turning back she mouthed;
"This is brilliant."
He grinned, seemingly proud of himself.
"Last page!"
John mouthed in return and Diana flipped to the back of the booklet to see and small but neatly done sketch of her.
In black ink at the bottom there was badly written calligraphy that spelled out "The Lovely Diana"
Feeling herself blush she turned back, ripping the last page out and putting it into her pocket before handing the booklet back to John who was smiling cheekily.

****

John had spent hours after hours the last few days at Diana's home.
They had a lot to say for the first time.
"How'd you tell your parents about this?"
"Easy." Diana responded, packing a few things into a small bag she planned on bringing, "Just told 'em I was leaving... They didn't even respond."
"Really?" John blinked, seemingly surprised.
"Once I was gone for about a week, out and about, they never even noticed."
"That's outrageous." He frowned, "Mimi had loads to say to me when I told her I was leaving."
Laughing softly, she finished folding a few shirts and looked up at him,
"Everyone has to grow up eventually." She explained, "Some faster than others."
He remained quiet, as if trying to ponder what she had just told him.
"I'm ready..." She finally slung her bag around her shoulder.
"About time." He smirked, jumping off her bed.
"Well, y'know, this isn't just a simple sleep over, we'll be gone for what?" She chuckled softly, Few months?"
"At the least.
He absentmindedly began to play with her hair, walking out of her room into a small hallway.
Diana turned, looking one last time into her bedroom. Her comfort zone. Taking a deep breath, she couldn't believe it. She was actually going through with this.
Turning, she began to walk again towards the front door, John still twirling her hair between fingers.
"Have you got your ticket?"
She nodded slowly,
"Are you sure you're okay to pull through this?"
"The more you ask me, the more I'll question myself."
She smiled slight, taking his hand.
"This can either be hell or heaven, and it'll be fun to figure out which."
****
A/N: Sorry for not having posted obvs while! I've been busy! But now it's holidays so I have loads of time!
Okay, so here's a chapter to keep you guys entertained for now! More to come, gratefully.
Sorry the chapters are very consecutive in time, but now I'll work on it!
Please give me feed back, by the way! I'd really appreciate it! It's basically vital for my willpower to continue this fanfic!
Thank you so much for reading
!