Saved.

Chapter one.

Diana didn't care where she was going. She didn't care for how long or how far. As long as she was away from the hell-hole she called "home".

It was freezing. If she were to make up a temperature right on the spot it would be past below zero. She had nothing but a thin, oversized, hand-me-down sweater to wear but it seemed to not faze her at all.

She kept walking, replaying scenes in her head and it almost made it seem impossible for her to stay focused just on where she was going. She attempted to keep her mind off the things that only made her anxiety worse. Lets see, what made her happy? Family? No. School? Yeah. right. Music?

That's where Diana had a slight smile form on her lips. A small tune from Elvis' latest album helped her regain sanity and she continued walking, humming softly and hoping no one was around to hear her.

Insecure? No one outside of her family has heard her voice for months. Flunking oral tests and projects, Diana could say she had a severe problem with talking to people she barely knew. Friends? Out of the question. She could barely speak to her own mother much less to people who were strangers.

Music continued to flow through her mind, though her train of thought was ruined by a man who was walking a long the same alley way she was. She felt her heart race slightly and she sped up, only to be stopped by the strong hand of a man she had never once seen the face of.

"Are you lost, little girl?" She felt hot breath against her face, making her gag and she tried to escape the strong grip she was under but to no avail. "Let's help you find your way home, then?"

She had no idea who was grabbing a hold of her, and she thought maybe it was for the best she couldn't see who it was. She kept quiet, though every atom of her wanted to scream out for help. Opening her mouth, she tried to call out, though nothing left her lips. Rough, merciless hands began to paw her.

Do something. she pleaded in her head to god, Or just kill me now.

After a few moments she felt another harsh voice come close in the same direction as where she was;

"Hey arsehole." A gruff, though soft voice grabbed the man who was almost on top of Diana. She closed her eyes and all she heard was muffled sounds of yelling and finally a hard thump fall near her. At last she had uncovered her eyes and looked up. There she saw a boy. His lip was bruised, his fists were bloody, almost broken looking though out of everything, his hair was almost untouched. This boy could have been stabbed to death yet he refused to let anything happen to his hair.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked, his voice was low and a bit labored and held out his hand to help her up again.

She flinched slightly from the movement of his hand and stood up without the help of it. She felt blank for words and could not think of a single thing to answer. She was afraid, though thankful to the boy who towered over her. Diana felt she recognized him. She knew she did and as she attempted to search through all the names and faces in her head he was asking miscellaneous questions, mainly concerned on her well-being.

"Do you need anything?" He finally asked which brought her out of her daze.

"Your name." She asked softly, her voice no louder than a small pin drop as she began to fix herself.

"John." He replied, his thin, bloody lips curving into a smile. "John Lennon is the bastard hero who has saved you."

She felt a slight comfort in the spot she was in, and she nodded slowly.

"And yours?" John asked, a small sense of concern still in his voice though he made sure he wasn't smothering her. Especially in a time like this.

"Diana." She replied simply, a small smile trying to appear but being suppressed finally in the end. "I uh.. Th-thank you, John..."

"It's no problem really..." He shrugged, and he made it seem as though he did this everyday with the nonchalant flick of his hair.

There was a pause, where she continued to fix herself and finally she was ready to go back on her way. She was ready to ask for him to accompanion her, but she figured, maybe he had better things to do. Maybe he was ready to go save just one other lucky girl. Maybe she was just one of him and he was a hero who was ready to help just anyone. She smiled again and waved at him before beginning to walk back in the direction she was before where small tunes began playing in her head again and she might've just been able to understand the lyrics.

A/N: hello friends c: new fanfic. uh. yeah. c: hope you all enjoy it and hopefully i will get around to update often. thank you for reading and i would appreciate feedback!

comments,

votes,

etc. anything's fine really. thank you!