Loop Holes

“Come with Mommy, your father is just using you, sweetie.”

            “Your mother is just using you! If she takes you I will have to share more property! That woman is tricking you!”

            “He's lying, don't trust him. Mommy was always there for you at school.”

            “I was always there for you when we went on vacations during the summer. While your mother went off with her friends!”

            Stop fighting! He covers his ears while sitting outside the kitchen. His parents were arguing on who will take custody of him, again. Couldn't they at least do it when he wasn't home, so he could pretend none of this was real. He had to now fight the tears that were threatening to come out. He can't cry! He's not a wimp!

            “I gave birth to Amias! I have every right to him!”

            “Amias has more potential to stay with me! He's to be the new leader of Marino!”

            That was the last straw. Amias stands up from the floor and runs to the exit of his home and out the entrance. He wants to become the leader of Marino, but at the same time he wants his mother to be with him along with his father. Amias heard why his parents are fighting. The noisy maids said his mother cheated on his father. He didn't care though, he just wanted them to be together, even if it was a lie.

            Amias continues to run down the hill from his house and races to the playground near his home. Maybe if he hides in the play house they wouldn't be able to find him. He just can't take keeping in the tears, he needs to cry without people seeing him.

            Right as he got near the playground, Amias trips and scrapes his knee on the ground. He yelps at the pain and brings his knee up to his face and clutches it. He has to endure it! He has to endure it!

            The wound continues to throb, there was even some blood spilling out. He can't endure it!

            “F-F-F-Fuck!” He cries out.

            Why isn't anything going the way he wants!? Why can't his family  be together? Why can't they all smile together again?

            He then hears footsteps, and from above his head he sees a frail and wrinkly hand stick out a bandage. Amias looks up and sees that there was an old lady in front of him, she was smiling while still holding the bandage.

            “A little boy shouldn't swear,” She says.

            He frowns at the comment, but snatches the bandage. Amias licks his wound a bit before sticking on the bandage. The old lady was still by him and smiling.