Chapter 4: What if?

A/N: Hey guys! sorry for not updating in a million years but I have had like 50 assignments due in one week so I have been a bit busy but to hopefully make up for that I will have another chapter up right after this, so:

enjoy!

>>>

1 months. 1 months until Kai can see Jinora again and it is killing him. He and Opal have helped out in Omashu a great deal and King Eli II was very grateful. 

Many girls in the city had a crush on Kai and he new it. Many of them had given him flowers for all the work he and Opal did and some even gave him a kiss on the cheek. The problem was he wasn't aloud to say no or feel bad because he and Jinora weren't dating so he couldn't use that as and excuse. He had never actually kissed any of them on the lips because he was saving his first kiss for Jinora.

It was hard for Kai to keep that promise though. Yes he loved Jinora with all his heart and soul and mind and body but every time a girl gave him a kiss on the cheek or a bundle of flowers it was hard to imagine that this wasn't happening to Jinora. She was beautiful and talented and down right perfect but she was getting older so she would probably be off air temple island more often and every boy in republic city would probably be drooling over her.

One time a girl came over to the house that Kai and Opal were staying at. She knocked on the door and Kai went over and opened it. The girl at the door was stunning. 'Almost as pretty as Jinora' Kai thought with a smirk. 

"Hi," Kai said with a smile.

"Um... hi, I was just coming by to thank you for rebuilding my house. My family is very grateful," She said with a blush.

Kai remembered this girl. When he and Opal were rebuilding her house she and her two younger siblings were sitting outside near the house just watching. She was very polite and she seemed very patient with her younger siblings.

But the main reason he remembered her was because she reminded him of Jinora.

"It was no problem, really! We love helping people." He said with a signature smirk of his.

"Um... Oh my younger brother said he likes your haircut and my younger sister said that she liked your other airbender friend." She said with a giggle that Kai thought was a bit cute. 'What! No! Kai you have Jinora!'

"Um thank you," He said with a chuckle. The two stood there just laughing silently with each other when kai broke the silence.

"So I should probably go to bed and I'm sure you have somewhere to be," he said.

"Yeah... um thank you." She said with a blush and then she kissed him on the cheek.

Kai just stood there, not saying anything. 3 things were going through his mind.

1: That felt weird because it wasn't Jinora who just kissed me

2: That felt wrong because it wasn't Jinora who just kissed me

3: This girl has very soft lips, like Jinora...

"I'm... Uh.... Goodnight," Kai said as he slammed the door in this girls face and ran to his room.

He just has to wait 30 more days before he can go back to the love of his life and this scars him.

Because what if she moved on?

>>>