Chapter 33

"When we are in love, we are convinced nobody else will do. But as time goes, others do do, and often do do, much much better."
Coco J. Ginger

This chapter is dedicated to Mary-Ella2

Alex's POV

Today was definitely one of the worse days of my life. I really felt like not going to school for the rest of my life. If I had to go to school everyday to see those two exchange kisses with each other, then I would rather stay at home and probably cry myself to death.

I entered my room and slam the door behind me. I dropped my backpack on the floor and throw myself on the bed with my face down.

It felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest and the earth was going to consume me. Everything was just too much for me to bear.

It was so painful no one understood how I felt.

Maybe if I had not told him how I felt, I wouldn't feel much pain. If I had not been close to him in those few weeks, it wouldn't hurt this much.

I guess it was all a dream that wouldn't come true. How could I have been so stupid to be lost in the moment? I asked myself as tears welled up in my eyes and began rolling down my cheeks like rivulets and destroying my sheets. I pushed myself up and sat down with my legs crossed.

I glanced at my diary which was lying beside me on the bed. It reminded me of Kent and every night I had to write about him in the diary.

This diary gave me unmeasurable joy every time I saw it but staring at it now only gave me pain. An unbearable pain.

It suddenly felt like I could see his face laughing at me on the diary and that irritated me. I picked it up and shred it into so many pieces as possible.

I felt so stupid and I hated myself but I hated him more. I love him so much that it had become an hatred.

"I hate you...I hate you...I hate you so much. I hate you for making me feel this way. I hate you for choosing her" I almost yelled.

I brought my hand to my face and I could find myself staring at the bracelet on my wrist with furrowed brows.

I took the bracelet off without hesitation and threw it at the wall. I didn't ever want to think about him. Never.

"I hate you...." I said out loud as the tears kept rolling down my cheeks.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door.
"Alex...it's Max" Max said at the other side of the door.

"Max?" I said softly and hurriedly wiped my face with the back of my hand "what do you want?" I asked with my shaking voice.

"I need to see you, can I come in?" Max asked, his voice really low. I would never in a thousand years imagine that Max could ask if he could come inside my room before entering. I couldn't believe my hears but I was really not in the mood to see anyone.

"Go away, I don't wanna talk"I replied as I tried to hide my feelings behind my cracked voice.

"I'm coming in, anyway" Max said behind the door and gently opened the door. He stood still for a moment and took a deep sigh when he saw my face. I looked away so he wouldn't suspect anything. But I trusted him for one thing, he'd ask anyway. He never looked away whenever he was curious.

"Whaooo!!" He trailed off as he moved closer to my bed "look at you" He joined me on the bed and drew me closer "come here, rabbit" he placed my head on his chest and kept his arm over my shoulder.