Anniversary

Tyler's POV

I am more nervous now that I have ever been in my entire life. 

Is one year enough time?

Should I wait?

No. I'm going to show her that I love her.

I look at myself in the bathroom mirror, fixing every flaw I find in what I'm wearing, trying to make everything perfect.

Tonight isn't about the band or her memory.

Tonight is about making memories.

Josh softly knocked on the door frame, making me awware of his presence. 

"You ready?" He asked.

"Absolutely not." Josh rolled his eyes and smiled. He brought me in for a hug, making sure to throw in that reassuring squeeze.

"You're ready, Ty. I'm so proud of you, my baby boy is growing up so fast," Josh stated, laughing slightly. I laughed as well. He pulled away, tears of joy appearing in his eyes. My heart sank.

"Josh, you're so emotional, bro," I said. He laughed and wiped the tears away. I started tearing up myself, but I did everything in my power to shake it away. I need to save my face.

"I know. Now go get that dime-piece wife you've talked about all these years."

I sighed and smiled, feeling the small box in my tuxedo pocket. I headed out the door, my future awaiting me.

(Y/n)'s POV

Mila flew in this morning to be with us for the rest of the tour. She couldn't get out of her job until now.

At the moment her job was helping me look nice for Tyler and I's first dating anniversary dinner.

Her and Josh made us get ready at different times, and made sure we didn't see each other until it was necessary. 

I was wearing a loose, deep, royal blue dress that comes down to my knees, with one strap falling gently  on my shoulder. The dress was almost casual, but there was something about it that made it perfect for the occasion. My shoes are white flats that Mila lent me. My hair was perfectly braided and in a bun by Mila. Light eyeshadow and winged eyeliner for make-up. I was ready to go.

"Are you going to tell him tonight?" Mila asked.

"Yes, it feels right. I've been waiting for this perfect time." She smiled and nodded, making me smile as well.

"Good luck. Have fun!" She said as I made my way out of the bus's bathroom.

Here goes nothing.

I stepped out of the tour bus to see Tyler watching cars pass, their lights illuminating the clear night.

"Hi," I said, getting his attention. He turned around and quickly walked over to me, his eyes scanning everthing about me in that moment. He sweetly kissed me, like we were two pieces of a puzzle that were meant to be stuck together. I put my hand on his chest, gently grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer to me. He slowly pulled away and smiled.

"You look absolutely amazing. Beautiful," he said, taking my hand in his. I smiled.

"As do you, my love." He squeezed my hand, and we started walking to where we were going to eat.

At the date destination

"Tyler, this is absolutely astonishing! Gorgeous! How did you get such a thing reserved?" I asked, gazing at the beautiful lights  that were strown about. He just shook his head and smiled, pulling out my chair for me.

"Thank you."

"I love you," We said in unison. We both giggled and held hands across the table. Our waiter came and took our order.

During dinner. (They're almost done eating.)

Tyler's POV

We talked about the tour so far. 

We talked about life before all of this happened.

We talked of former lovers.

Former friends.

Former experiences.

We talked about our dream futures.

About our wonderful life that we live.

I think, right now, is the perfect time.

"(Y/n), can I ask you something?" I asked, sneakily sliding my hand in my pocket, holding on to that little black box as if my life depended on it.

"Anything," She replied.

"Would you do me a favor, and make me the happiest man in the entire universe?" I start, pulling out the box, and gently pulling her to the side of our table. I got down on one knee and open the small display, then taking her hand in my free one. She put her own free hand over her mouth, tears emerging in her beautiful, full of life eyes.

"(Y/n) (M/n) (L/n), will you marry me?"

"Ty-I-I, yes! Yes!" She cried. Tears of joy poured out of my heart and my eyes. I took the ring, quickly sliding it on her proper finger, pulling into a tight hug and another passionate kiss. She pulled away, her hands still in mine, and smiled.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you, too."