Chapter 29

Victoria's POV

"I can."

I don't even know how to describe the scene around me. Liam crying, Niall crouched down by Harry, Harry in Mary's arms crying his eyes out, and Rahul watching everything looking as shocked as me. They all freeze and everyone's eyes go to me. Right away, Harry starts freaking out again.

"No!" He cries. "You can't be here! Leave! They're going to hurt you!"

"Harry..." I breathe. "W-what have they done to you?"

I walk up to the cell slowly, going in between Liam and Rahul and stopping where Niall is.

"I'm so sorry Niall." I say quietly, holding back tears. "I just can't-"

"I understand." He nods and stands up, letting me take his place.

"Harry look at me." I whisper crouching down. "Can you all just leave us for a bit?"

"Of course." Mary sighs, letting go of Harry. She gets up and turns to Niall and Liam. "Follow me you two. We need to get you hidden somewhere."

The two of them nod and with Rahul, follow Mary back down the hall. Harry keeps his head down, the only sounds coming from him being his crying. I don't dare try to push anything right now. I watch him intently, watching his body language. I can tell that his breathing is uneven. Something defiantly isn't right with him physically.

"W-why did you come here?" He finally chokes out.

"I followed Liam and Niall." I say quietly. "I heard them talking about coming here and I followed them. Now I'm here, with you."

"It really isn't safe here." He whispers. "Joseph is looking for you. They're all looking for you. They're not going to give up until this wedding happens..."

"I'm never going to marry him." I frown. "I hate him and you know that."

"It's not safe here for you." He mumbles.

"Me? Harry what about you? You look awful. What have they been doing to you?"

"Trying to find you."

"What?"

"I got punched, glass broken on my hands, and left to go insane in a cell all because they want you."

"Harry!" I gasp. "Why would you do that?"

"Because I'm so in love with you I can't let them hurt you." He says finally looking in my eyes. They're dull and lifeless. He brings his arms up and cups my cheeks gently. "If anyone ever hurt you in any way, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Thinking of you is the only thing that kept me going since I've been here. I didn't come here on purpose. Joseph took me and then he and your father tried to beat the truth out of me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth, but I didn't want you coming here and getting caught."

"Harry..."

"And to be completely honest, I've been talking to an imaginary version of you for the last two days. I've gone boarder line insane."

"You're not insane." I sigh. "I'm the insane one for thinking I could get over you so quickly...or at all. You know I love you don't you?"

"I don't know." He shrugs. "I've questioned it."

"Well I do." I whisper looking down for a moment.

"That's good to know, but it's still not safe."

"We can go somewhere else." I whisper. "Get you out of here and then we can go somewhere safe and raise our baby and be a happy family."

"It's not that easy." He sniffs. "It can't be."