Fallen Innocence:The Dark Shade's Letter part 2

wondered why he would reveal what I already knew, I asked that very question,

"I thought shades are supposed to be anonymous so why give me confirmation for what I already knew don't you believe in plausible deniability?"

He replied with a smile,

"Yes I believe it exists, but I don't believe in using it when its neither plausible nor deniable."

He continued still smiling as he said,

"Your too smart and clever for me to continue with a charade that might make you distrust me when your life might depend on it; besides I nominated you because of your novella, it was the first time someone represented the world as I myself found it...your idea that in any battle weather in the dangerous world of spies or war, innocence is the first thing that falls, made me believe that you would be the right person that our society needed, to bring it from our own personal darkness to the light we need to keep our humanity...most of us are far too jaded by our outside lives, to bring in enough charity, to make us feel we have done more, to lift up the world then bring it down. I think your idea to take our individual stories of our personal tragedy, or fallen innocence as you called it in your story, it may not give us back what we lost but it might help us realize why we are really in this club in the first place."

There was a silence between us...and it remained there, until we got to the hotel and he checked and searched my room from top to bottom.

When I asked why he checked my room like I was a president or someone with a great many enemies, his reply was,

"Your a celebrity now, and also a member of our club, which has many people in it who feel you don't really belong, and wont like your suggestion, but will also want to test you, to see if you can possibly understand what they feel, enough to rewrite their stories, so they stay on the one hand theirs and on the other, their enemies and bosses (sometimes one in the same) don't identify them as the main character of the stories or novellas. My story is in a letter I meant to send my dad...I never sent it to him, I'm giving it to you now."

He handed me a disk on key and an envelope as he did so he said,

"The letter is a little hard to read its yellowed by time, and some of it may be hard to read, but the disk on key has some background from my own journals, and my attempts to rewrite the letter based on memory...It has far less swear words and where I couldn't help my self I used frak as a substitute... I've been some one who lives in the shadows most of my life, this is a chance to bring in a little light, to finally be free."

I took what he handed me and said the only thing I could say,

"I will do my best..."I paused what else could I say... thank you for your trust in me? I had a feeling from the start he had been in the military, now I would find out just how much my hunches were right.

The next day I went home I had already figured a title for this first novella I would call it Fallen Innocence: A Dark Shades Letter. With that thought in mind I let myself enjoy the flight home.

Chapter 4

From the journal of a dark shade while working on the novella Fallen Innocence: The Dark Shade's Letter.

When I got into my house my family was home and waiting to surprise me with a welcome home party.

It would be weeks before I could get to Jace's story. I put it in my new lock box, in my wall safe which wasn't in the wall exactly, but was inside a panel on the ceiling hidden behind the crown of a very heavy, and big grand father clock.

It was six weeks later when I finally was able to be alone in my house and read Jace's letter to his dad.

Dad,