Chapter 5 Robi's POV

Robi’s POV

Without Natalie, my class seemed to pass slowly, minutes felt like hours and centuries. I couldn’t even tell if the teacher was talking, my every thought was consumed by Natalie’s beautiful face. The bell finally toned, releasing me from that prison of unbearable loneliness. I could barely contain my excitement. I really felt something with Natalie, more so than I’ve ever felt before. I was lonely, even with a class full of students without her at my side. When I saw her walking down the hall, she looked lost in thought. It reminded me of the first time I laid eyes on her, I realized what I was thinking. I only met her today, but it felt like centuries and I’ve known her forever. Her emerald eyes finally met mine and my heart sped up, beating furiously against my chest.

“Miss me?” She questioned playfully.

“Always.” She laughed at me, she had no idea the realness that really was. 

“How was you class?” She asked, I was pretty sure she was breaking the tension 

“Fine. But, I couldn’t tell you what I learned.” I shrugged truthfully.

She laughed, her voice was like a strumming of harps, gently playing the most beautiful tune I’ve ever witnessed. She seemed so at ease, like she had no worries. That made me happy, I’d never hurt her. Even if she’d never love me, I’d always be there for her. I shook my head, I’ve only know the damn girl for a day! How can I torture myself with thoughts like that? I noticed our pace was slower than usual, was it just me? I couldn’t care less. I could walk like this forever.

“Here we are.” My head shot up, she was gesturing towards a huge open class. It was giant. I glanced around, only to be interrupted by a small giggle. I frowned at Natalie, she was laughing at me?

“This is Art, um, we have a large class so it’s kinda the old workshop room. But it gives those who are more artistically inclined, more room to spread out. I believe today,” She rubbed her chin deep in thought “Oh!” She snapped her fingers and smiled in the class rather than at me, “Today, we’re going outside! Mr. K said we could do life-sketches!”

She seemed overly-excited which worried me. I was terrible at drawing, but it was this class or choir, which I was equally terrible at.

I glanced around, and then to my watch. We were the only ones in here but the bell was about to ring?

Natalie grabbed my wrist rather forcefully and I winced, the girl had a strong grip.

“Where are we going Nat?” 

She let go and turned around. Her left eyebrow was raised, she looked very unimpressed. 

“Nat? I’m not your guy friend, I’m a girl. My name is Natalie.” She scolded, I’d obviously hit a nerve. I’d be sure not to do THAT again.

We walked outside into the basking sunlight. I looked around, the scenery was breath taking. My gaze focused on a group of students lounging on the grass. A few were laying and some sitting upright.

“Natalie!” Natalie and I looked at a girl flitting towards us.

“Hey, Jamie.” Natalie greeted her warmly.

Aside from the glare of the sun, I got a good look at Jamie. She was fairly pretty, her eyes were a strange color, the outlining of the iris was a deep gray, seeping into a sea of odd blue. Her eyes almost twinkled, tinged with innocence and compassion. She stood about 5’1 in comparison to my towering height. She smiled a huge grin, fluttering her hands while the breeze gently battered her crispy blonde hair. She cocked her head and looked at me with those strange eyes.