My "Dearly Beloved"

Chapter 2: My "Dearly Beloved"

As I was walking through the woods, I heard the sound of a wolf howling in pain. "I wonder what happened to him" I thought aloud, as I started walking that way. "The same thats about to happen to you"said a voice behind me. I spun around just as he tackled me to the ground. I closed my eyes, waiting for my death, knowing that I had been tackled by a demon.

"Open your eyes, I only want to see who my next meal is" he said. I opened my eyes to find a pair the exact same shade of blue as my eyes just inches away. He was momentarily shocked. I took that opportunity to shove him of me and make a run for it. Unfortunately, he recovered from his shock just as I got up so he pinned me to a tree.

"It's him,it's him" my wolf screamed. "Shut up" I told her. But of course, she was right. Here I am, pinned up against a tree by my supposedly beloved, my mate who is a demon. How unfortunate can I get?

"Hey mate" he said, grinning. "Don't call my that" I said. "What, does the truth hurt?". "Well duh, your a demon, how can I not be ashamed" I said. "Wow, that really hurt" he said sarcastically, putting a hand over his heart.

I tried to push him of me, but he tightened his grip. "Are you trying to kill me, your mate?" I said, doing a mock hurt face, while struggling to breath because his grip was so tight. "Now, why would I do that to such a beautiful girl like you?" he said. "So you'll call me pretty but you'll hardly let me breath, wow complicated much" I said.

He let me go, but stayed close enough to grab me if I tried to run of again. "I'll meet you in your room at 9:30, don't bother hiding, i'll still find you" he said. "Whatever" I said as I walked away. "Hey, do I get a name" he called out after me. I turned around and put my hands on my hips and looked at him. Now that I get a decent look, he is quite good looking. He has muscled arms and you can see how tank he is through his too-tight shirt. His face is good looking too. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

"It's Rhinaya" I replied after a while. " Mines Marcus" he said as I walked off. I did the thumbs up over my shoulder as I walked away. "He's never going to find the pack house, anyway so I don't need to worry about him. Even if he did find it, he won't know which room is mine" I think happily.