Chapter 6- Moving In

Maddie's POV:

I finally ran back to the UC after about 20 minutes of running away from Andrew. Once I got into my car I started speeding back home, I couldn't risk the chance of Andrew seeing me.

I got home and went straight to my room and stripped down to a pair of sweats and a black tank top. I put my hair up in a bun before going back downstairs. As I got downstairs I noticed that Natalie wasn't home, where could the girl have gone without a car?

I walked into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards for something to eat since Natalie chased me out of the house before I could have breakfast. I got out some eggs, toast and bacon and started cooking. I also figured out how to work Natalie's stupid coffee maker and made myself a cup of coffee.

After 20 minutes of struggling to make food I finally cleaned up and sat down at the table to eat. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my twitter news feed as I started to eat my bacon. Man I loved bacon.

However the first tweet I saw defiantly caught my attention.

Andrew Shaw (@shawz15er): Just came back from a little uh.. jog. Really tired but finished talking to the coaches, looks like I'm not playing for a while

I felt a bad that Andrew couldn't play for a while. He's hurt and they want him to recover but I'm gonna miss seeing him play.

"I'M HOME!" A voice I knew all too well screamed ss I heard the door close and in came Natalie with a bunch for grocery bags in her hands. "I went shopping for food since I knew you'd be hungry when you got back" Natalie said as she started putting away all the food.

I quickly finished eating and helped her put the food away. "So how was it?" she asked as I started doing the dishes. "I didn't get the chance to run into him today" I said as I looked away. I didn't completely lie, I mean I really didn't run into him today, I ran away from him. "Oh well maybe next time" she said as she finished putting away the last of all the food.

"Yeah maybe" I said and smiled as I followed her into the living room. "So what's on the schedule for today?" I asked as I flipped through the channels on tv. "Well our neighbor next door is moving so I've gotta look for a goodbye present. And I've gotta introduce you guys before they leave so we could do that" Natalie answered as she picked up her purse and stood up.

I just stayed sitting there, still flipping through the channels. I looked up to see an impatient Natalie tapping her foot with her arms crossed. "What?" I asked putting down the remote. "Let's go! You're gonna love meeting the Smith's!" Natalie said as she pulled me up off the sofa and towards the door.

"So they're a family of 4. Mary and Tom Smith have been married for 15 years now, and they've got 2 kids. Twins in fact, Sabrina and Marcus. They're 5 years old so relax a bit haha, they're really sweet you'll love them" Natalie explained as we walked across the driveway and next door. "If you say so" I said and smiled just as we reached the door.

 She rang the doorbell and we waited for someone to answer. "Hello Natalie!" a lady said as she opened the door, I'm guessing she's Mrs Smith. "Hi Mary, this is my best friend Maddie she just moved here today" Natalie said introducing us. I smiled and extended my hand to shake hers. "Hello there Maddie, nice to meet you. Why don't you girls come on in" Mary said.

We both walked inside and I took the time to check out the decorations they had all around the house. I was so fascinated by everything but was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard loud footsteps come from upstairs.

"Natalie!" I said 2 high pitched voices. My bets are that it's Sabrina and Marcus. "Hey Sabrina, hi Marcus. How are you today?" Natalie said as she crouched down and gave them both a hug. "We're good" Sabrina said as she flashed her a big smile. Marcus just nodded his head and smiled.

That's when Mary stepped in. "Kids I'd like you to meet Maddie. She just moved her, come say hi" Mary said as she gestured for her kids to come towards me. I smiled and bent down to greet the kids.

"Hi I'm Maddie" I said and extended my hand out to shake both their little hands. "I'm Sabrina" Sabrina said flashing me a big smile, as I noticed her two front teeth were missing, how adorable. "I'm Marcus" Marcus said as he shook my head and smiled. "Do you wanna come see my dolls?" Sabrina asked me as she took my hand and started pulling me.

I stood up and looked over at Mrs Smith. "Go ahead, I'll be in the living room with Natalie if you need anything. I'll come get you when Tom comes home" she said and smiled as Natalie and her disappeared into the living room.

"Alright Sabrina, show me these dolls" I said as she pulled me upstairs and Marcus followed close behind. "Come see my cars!" Marcus said as I sat down beside Sabrina. I turned to face Marcus and smiled. "I'd love to, just after your sister shows me her dolls okay?" I asked and Marcus nodded his head and went to go get his cars. Man these kids are adorable.

Andrew's POV:

After practice ended I left the coaches office and headed straight home. I was bummed I couldn't play for a couple games, but still enjoyed some time off. I mean this gives me a couple extra days to go looking for a new house.

I saw a link to a pretty nice house yesterday, I think I'll go check it out today.

Once I got home I poured myself a glass of milk and sat down at my desk, searching through my laptop for that link. I found it and quickly grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down the address.

After I finished with my milk I walked outside, back to my car and started driving.

The drive was short and quiet as I thought about the crazy moring I had today. Running into Sierra, then almost getting to meet Maddie again, then chasing her around the streets of Chicago? I'd say that's a crazy morning. Oh and then there's the fact that I'll be scratched for a couple games until I recover. Great today just gets better and better.

Once I got to the street the house was on I noticed there was someone walking out of the house. I parked my car at the house across from it just so they wouldn't see me. I looked back and sure enough it was Maddie. But why was Maddie there?

I continued watching them and saw her and some other girl that I assume is her friend walk into the house next door. What? Could I be seeing this right? Maddie lives here?

As soon as I saw her walk inside I parked the car in the right driveway and got out. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. "Hello dear how can I help you?" the lady who answered the door asked me. "Hi, I'm interested in buying this house? Could I have a look around?" I asked and smiled. "Sure thing, come on in. I'm Mary by the way. Mary Smith" the lady told me as we shook hands.

Natalie's POV:

After staying that the Smith's house for an hour I decided it was time to leave. Maddie was having a great time with the kids, and got along well with them. Later on we all had some snacks and she met Tom and got to know Mary a bit better too. I knew this was a good idea.

After we left I decided we watched a movie before going out to buy some goodbye presents for the Smith's. Maddie agreed, so we said goodbye and walked home.

I looked around and saw an unfamiliar car parked in the house across from us, I looked at the licence plate, it looked familiar but I couldn't tell who's it was.

We went inside and I told Maddie to pick a movie and get ready as I stayed by the window to see who was inside the car. Once the car started driving again it parked in the Smith's driveway and I saw the person who got out.

Oh my god it was Andrew. I didn't know what to do but I thought it was best to keep quiet about this for a while, I mean Maddie just got here no need to overwhelm her. So I walked away from the window and joined her in the living room. Maddie had picked the movie Miracle and I sat down next to her as she hit play. Boy was this going to be a long day I thought to myself.