chapter 63 - happily ever after

Before I start this chapter, I would like to say that it takes place about a year after the last chapter. In case the plan could not be inferred, Christian wanted to find another witch that would be able to send him to the realm where the Moon Goddess and Sun God lives, where Kalin is. He wanted to ask Celene, the Moon Goddess at the time, for a miracle that would save his pack. After searching for nine months, they found a witch named Regina. She successfully sent Christian to the realm he wished for. Before leaving, he appointed Andre the guardian of Alec and Moon as well as the Alpha as the pack just in case he did not come back. Regina had told him that it was a one way trip; which is why he created the new council, which consisted of Jasmyn, James, Andre, Carolina, and Mary-Ann (Dylan's mother and children caretaker). The council would help the Alpha make the most logical choice and help keep him in check, so that there would be no more experiences like the ones Christian and his father had with the pack. He would be able to watch their failures and successes from his new home with Kalin and Brody. Celene did grant him his miracle, which was a set future for his pack. Now a barrier holds the pack in and outsiders (hunters and humans) out.  Hope you enjoy this last chapter!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kalin's p.o.v.

I hold my baby Brody as he laughs. I look at my other baby Christian. He is sound asleep. I see the slight torture on his face from still being ripped from pack members. Luckily, the process being sped up by my mother. She will be handing over full reins to me in about a week or so. Unfortunately I still have to rule with Christian's copy. Even though I know that his name is Damion, he will forever be Christian's copy now that we will never be separate. He shoots up in the bed, making me yelp slightly.

"They turn one today," he states.

"Yes Brody is now one. As well as Alec and Moon. We still haven't figured what to get them."

"I thought your mother wanted to give them a party?"

"Yes, but we have t give them something that will go back with them."

"Is that possible?"

"Mom will figure out how to make it work."

"She always does."

"It feels weird that we won't see them through a portal. The month I was here, it was like I was actually here and not just dreaming it. Of course it will only last a night for them, but it will still be amazing."

He hugs Brody and me.

"Yes it will be."

There is a silence that falls between us. For me, it is comfortable; but it is the opposite for Christian.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Do you regret it?"

"Regret what?"

I know exactly what he is asking about, but I don't wish for it to be brought up.

"Killing Lisa and Cailleach."

"Yes and no. I understand that Cailleach shouldn't have died, but I don't regret it because she would have stopped me from completing my one desire. And with Lisa, the only thing I regret is that I didn't cause her more pain."

"I think tearing her heart out was plenty pain."

"Let's not do this today, it's their birthday."

He nods his head in agreement.

"Okay, I'm sorry if I upset you."

"You didn't."

I give him a kiss that proves that he didn't make me mad and that I am still desperately in love him. He kisses just as hard back. It is a simple notation that he will never stop loving each other, even in the most complicated problem. I laugh. I am glad I changed the future. I would be so miserable right now if I didn't. Instead, I am one of the most luckiest women alive in any world, universe, realm, or entity around.