Part 7: Monday, Christmas Eve

You wake up to the smell of waffles, eggs, and pancakes. You follow the scent to the kitchen where you see Christian cooking. "good morning sunshine" Christian says in a sing-song voice. You sort of mumble a greeting and smile at him.

"It's Christmas Eve!" You suddenly shout as you remember what day it is. Christian smiles, "And also the day that we're going to the Ballard district!" You are so excited to see the Beach all cold and snowy! The beach has always been your favorite place, ever since you were a kid. You also realize that you haven't decorated Christian's house at all! "Um... this is maybe a little weird but... do you decorate? Like, do you put stuff up for Christmas?" you ask. Christian laughs, as if he should have thought of this before "Ya, I'm sorry. My family always used to have a tradition of decorating the house on Christmas Eve! I was thinking that Ballard wouldn't take all day, and that we could go get decorations and stuff after?" "Oh, ya that makes sense! Do you usually get a live Christmas Tree?" you ask, remembering your own childhood. Your family ALWAYS got a live tree, no exceptions. "Ya, usually that was a big thing for my family, always a live tree." You smile, glad that even though you can't spend this Christmas with your family you still get the live tree. You sigh and say "I'm glad we got to spend this Christmas together, it's been really nice so far." "I hope this is the first of many good Christmases together." Christian says while his face turns a deep shade of red. You blush as well and start to go get ready, but turn when Christian calls your name down the hall. "I'm sorry," he says "I shouldn't have said that... it was..." you rush up to him and give him a quick kiss on the cheek and a tight hug. Then you head back down the hall to get ready for your day.

Ballard district is beautiful and you have a great time exploring and walking along the boardwalk. All of the houses are beautiful and decorated with lights and other typical Christmas decorations. This only reminds you more that you have to decorate for Christmas and you get excited. After you're done walking around Ballard, about noon, you head back to look for THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS TREE!  

After about two hours of searching you finally find the perfect tree. It is tall, but not too tall and perfectly wide. The hard part was getting the tree in the house and set up! You go back out to buy decorations for the tree, you both decide that gold would be a nice color. You buy some baubles and tinsel and you're all set to go decorate the tree. At the last minute before you leave the store you remember something "WAIT! We need to get cookies to put out for Santa!" Christian giggles as if you're kidding but then he realizes that you're totally serious and you go back in and get some gingerbread man cookies. Perfect.

Back at the house all of the decorations are hung and lights are hung all around the living room. It's like a winter wonderland in the living room! How perfect! "You know what would make this night even more perfect than it already is, Y/N?" Christian asks. You shake your head no, that you don't know. "We should build a blanket fort in the living room!!!" You agree and head into Christian's room to get all of the blankets.  

When the blanket fort is finished you are both exhausted and you crash into the blanket fort. You look at the clock on the living room wall, it says 2:30 AM. "Merry Christmas, Christian Novelli." you whisper before you fall asleep.