Love is in the Air

Hi everyone. My co-writer thats going to help write is Emily Moran or (Bright  Monster) on here. Thanks so much girl. Hope everyone enjoys our book

I woke up in the morning feeling somewhat groggy. Today was going to be a good day,I could feel it somehow.I lazily rolled on my side to see my alarm clock. 6:00 A.M.?. Why am I up so early? I groaned internally as I pulled my sleepy body out of bed. I stumbled my way into the hall only to bump into my aunt.

“Natalie,your up rather early,are you okay?”she asked I could see her face barely but from the tone of her voice I knew she was worried,I’m never up early.Ever.

“Peachy,I actually feel great!” I tried my best at assuring her.Her mouth fell slack and her face distorted into even more worry. 

“Do you want to stay home an rest? Are you feeling alright?” She badgered me as I drifted towards the bathroom.

I knew why she was so concerned,ever since my parents died last summer,I haven't been the same Natalie and certainly nowhere near happy.As much as I’d love to taker her up on her offer, today is the second week of school,to early to skip.Besides people would think I had some sort of emotional breakdown.The probably wouldn’t be surprised everyone still comes up to me like the accident happened yesterday.I sighed.I wish my life was normal.

“No,I feel fine.I really do need to get ready though.” I said softly.

I’m finding it more and more difficult to deal with myself,I want to be happy and act like it but I can’t and I don’t want to either.I wonder if my aunt notices? After pondering in deep thoughts I move around to get ready for school.Just because I’m usually always a total train wreck doesn’t mean I need to look like one.

After 15 minuets of trying to maneuver my hair in different styles I decided to let my blonde hair down,not really trying to look good like most girls,according to every player in my school I’m hot enough.As if. 

I made my way around my house getting ready,I’d really like to climb back in bed and sleep but that would put more worry on my aunts shoulders,I try to make her life as easy as possible.Not that raising a teen who is depressed and can’t give over the fact her parents are gone is easy.That woman is a saint,I’ll never understand her immense patience for me and my mood swings.

“Natalie,dear its 7:30,if your going to school you’d better get going!” My aunt called from her room.

I grabbed my bag and keys and made my way out the door.Before I can make my way to the hell hole they call school,I have to pick up my best friend.Kendra,my best friend,I always have a way of smiling at the thought of her.We were always close,but lately we’re inseparable.She probably hasn’t noticed but,I couldn’t live without her.

"Does today feel different to you too" I asked her nonchalantly as I pulled in to the parking lot.

"Nope, ‘sides the fact that I’m insanely tired from cramming.That Chem test is gonna suck!" Kendra groaned.

I just shook my head and laughed,she was gonna pass it,she was the smartest person I knew.

“Why do you ask?”She questioned grabbing her stuff from my back seat.

“Eh,just wondering.”I shrugged.

“You okay? You seem..off.What’s your deal” Kendra asked eyeing me curiously.

“Fine.We aren’t on deal or no deal by the way.Lets go.I don’t wanna be late.” I said speeding ahead of her.

“Mhm.” I heard her say softy behind me.

I made my way threw the crowds of people in the hallway. I barely noticed Kendra at my side.I really didn’t want to go to English,but I had to.Everything about that classes bored me.The only upside was I had it first hour,which gave me a chance to catch up on some sleep.

I climbed into the available seat behind Kendra,I ignored the idiot behind me make some remark about my hair. He could shove it.The teacher gave an assignment but I dozed off for a while,as did Kendra but I was abruptly woken by the creaking of the door. I glared at Kendra with envy for not being disturbed then I shifted my murderous gaze at the door for a second but my expression softened as I saw someone walk through.My eyes took a bit to adjust to the boy I was seeing.He was tall,lean but fit,his eyes gorgeous blue eyes flickered around the room for a moment before he shifted his body,taking long strides to toward the teacher and handing him a yellow slip.

“English 11,right?” the boy asked.His voice was like deep velvet.It sent a strange 

tingling sensation down my spine.

“Yes,your a Junior I presume.” The musky teacher asked unimpressed.

“Well,yea.That’s what they tell me.” The boy mocked.

“A comedian,well Mr.Robert,take a seat next to Miss Adams,Natalie raise your hand so he knows.” He growled.

Oh my god he has to sit by me? Act normal Natalie its just a boy,act normal.

“Hey,I’m Robert,but uh call me Robi.” He said giving me a nervous grin.He ruffled the back of his deep brown hair,I had to stop myself from drooling

"Oh,Hi Robi,I’m Natalie.” I mumbled sheepishly.

“I know” He gave me a grin that made my heart skip a beat.I felt my face get hot as I blushed like crazy.

"Natalie,your face is really red.Are you breathing?” He asked with wide eyes.

I took a deep breath and gave him a genuine smile,he was worried about me and he didn’t even know me.I felt a strange warmth around my heart,I felt giddy almost. 

"Sorry panic attack get those a lot."I shrugged like I didn’t care,which I didn’t,even if it was a cover up for acting like a looser.

I looked towards the from and stared at the design of Kendra’s shirt as she snored lightly.I could feel the gaze of Robi on my face.Normally I would be uncomfortable,but I’ve learned to ignore my internal mechanisms like embarrassment.I just wish my blushing face could do the same.I had to break the silence,but how? Something generic maybe?

“Can I,uh see your schedule? You know,we might have classes together.” I smiled softy

Robi flashed me a grin and pulled out a folded paper "Here you go."

I examined the paper,hoping for at least one class with this boy. I was slowly becoming annoyed with myself,he’s just another pretty boy.Nothing more.

Despite my mental coaching,we had 4 classes and lunch.Just my luck.

“Wow,4 classes and lunch.So I guess I could be your guide from now on.”I smiled,satisfied.

My mind was screaming ‘Seriously Natalie?!’ but I ignored it,for now my day could be about Robi.

“That’s awesome I seriously have no clue were anything is.” He mumbled.

“We have Pre-Cal next so,you can walk with me.I just have to get my stuff from my locker.”I whispered ignoring the deepening glare from my teacher.

“Deal”