The Calm Before the Storm

"Very well then, in fifteen minutes we will adjourn." Rigimortis states before standing up and walking towards the door. On his way, he reaches his hand out for Petonella to take. She reluctantly follows suit and is lead back out into the hallway for, what I can easily assume, will be a harsh discussion.

In the meantime, Frederick and Elijah both rise from their throne chairs and begin taking the stairs down to where I stand. On their way, they instinctively shrink in size to human height, assuming I, as a "human", would be too frightened by their tall stature to talk to them.

When they're both within distance to hear me I ask in childish wonder, "How in the world did you do that?" Their smiles spread from ear to ear, exactly what I was fishing for.

"Lady Akira, tsk tsk." Elijah scolds me in a provoking manner, "You see, we're made of magic, and we are not limited by a human mind." He whispers and laughs a deep throaty laugh.

"I do wish you'd remember us." Frederick begins with a sort of pout on his face. Looking at both of them is like watching and listening to the seductive devil and alluring angel. I really wish I could remind them how much I hate them.

"As I can recall, we did share some awfully intimate memories..." Elijah lies, stroking my cheek with electric fingers. Normally I'd break them off of his body, but since I'm playing a role, I have to stick to the correct character. I cringe away from him and spread a confused expression over my face. "Aw, Frederick, I don't think she wants to play with us today." Elijah's beautiful face inches closer to mine before he whispers, "My dragon has told me lots about you Miss Sheeno, but many secrets can be kept on certain conditions." He lightly pokes my nose and waltzes back towards the throne chairs. My skin raises in goosebumps born of disgust.

"I wouldn't worry too much about him," Frederick stands next to me and glares at the back of Elijah's head along with me, "my dragon has told me all about your bravery." He grabs my shoulder and moves me to face him, "I just hope you can keep up this act of yours for as long as you can." He leans in closer to my face just as I whip out a confused and panicked expression. His hot breath burns the skin on my cheek, "I'd hate to have to hurt you." Frederick straightens himself, smiles with his teeth, then turns on his heels to walk back up to the throne.

It's always a pleasure talking to him.

The female Elementalists gather in a group and talk with hushed voices. Among them, Wenman is still connected to Fermantia. They're deciding whether or not to believe in my act, or attempt to push my buttons to crack me like an egg. What they don't know is how mentally capable I am of holding out as long as my heart beats. The void in my gut thrashes around like the tail of a rattlesnake, too impatient to wait. My darkness and I both want nothing more than to watch these people obliterate and disappear. Their silly contract is the only thing keeping me from doing just that. Which reminds me, I must make a note of where that dreaded piece of paper is so I can burn it.

"Alright, everyone please take your seats." Rigimortis holds his arms in the air as he and Petonella saunter into the room. Her face casts downward toward the ground in shame. Sebastian touches her on the cheek to show his sympathy, but she neglects to show any signs of appreciation. I desperately wish I could've been a fly on the wall during that conversation.

They're very obvious about their division. If They were smarter, they would've hid it from me. Now I have the means of playing with this division and maybe even tearing them apart. First things first though, I have to start showing signs of human exhaustion. My weight begins shifting from one foot to the other, and I even rub my neck with one of my hands. I role my head from one side to the other, closing my eyes for brief moments. Not too frantically though, I don't want to come off as fidgety and paranoid.