*14*

Amy's POV

For once, I felt in control. I felt that I didn't have to listen to Lily, or Leticia, or Lydia. Not even Candace. They had nothing on me.

So then why was I staying home for the big ball tonight, regarding Prince Nikolai with his birthday, coming out, and his "lucky lady"?

"What are you still doing here?" a voice asked me. I looked out the window to see Blue. I nodded as a gesture that he could come over, and then he stepped through the kitchen door. I kept my sight focused on the fruit I was cutting up. "Aren't you supposed to be at the ball?"

"No," I answered, plainly sighing to him as I turned to face him in the process. I eyed him. He had on a suit and his face was clear of all dirt. I didn't think he owed something that didn't have holes in it. "Where are you going?"

"To the ball," he answered. I gave him a confused look. "Invited by Prince Nikolai, of course."

I rolled my eyes and started to walk throughout my house.

"So then why aren't you there?" I asked him.

"Without you? Please," he replied as if I spoke of something ridiculous. I attempted to sit on the couch, but he pulled me up. I looked into his deep brown eyes. "Go get dressed."

"In what?" I asked.

"I don't care? Prince Nikolai doesn't care," he answered. I flashed him a look and made my way to my room—which was now upstairs. "You know he's expecting you there..."

"It doesn't matter," I grumbled. I turned back to him and he was gone. I shrugged and ate my fruit. Moments later, I was getting a big, white dress thrown at me.

"Put it on," he ordered. I scoffed.

"Under what class are you?" I asked, superior to him.

"Your best friend," he reminded. "Now put it on."

I held up the dress. It was my mother's wedding dress that I'd only seen in pictures. Now that all the locks were broken—in courtesy of Prince Nikolai—there was no restrictions to anything. I looked at the never ending sparkle on the ballroom princess styled wedding dress. I dropped it into my lap.

"No shoes," I reminded.

"You own every pair of Leticia and Lydia's shoes. Choose a pair," he replied. I laughed lightly.

"You really think I should go?" I asked him. He gave me a look.

"Hurry up," he demanded before I was laughing and shoving him out of the room so I could change, even though the twins' big-footed shoes would never truly suit me.

Nik's POV

"You sure she's not here?" I asked Emmett and Kelly. Kelly shook her head. I sighed.

"Sorry, man," Emmett said before hitting my shoulder and then walking off, but Kelly stayed.

I really thought that Amy would show. But I also realized that Blue wasn't here either...seeing as it was the first formal he was ever invited to, I could tell he didn't show because Amy hadn't.

"You love her, huh?" Kelly asked me. I looked down at her.

"What's the point?" I asked her.

"I've read your prophecy, Nikolai," she said. "You're heart isn't that open to love someone without knowing that she loves you back."

I scoffed and crossed my arms. She gave me a polite look and then left in the same direction as Emmett. She didn't understand. Although Amy could hate me right now for some strange reason, the feeling was mutual considering she lied to me all this time...