Chapter 1 Pochemuchka

Pochemuchka: Somebody who asks too many questions (Russian)

Rosetta Miller was trying to catch her breath as she stuttered, "Two adult tickets, please." Behind her Frank Riva was trying to catch up. The bus driver looked at Rosetta Miller. "Are you really above 16?" Her childlike, rosy cheeks and height didn't quite give off her right age, but if you looked her in the eyes, the story would be completely different. The soul behind those eyes had suffered too much pain. Rosetta sighed and nodded. It wasn't her fault that people generally thought she was younger than she was.

After getting the tickets, she walked forward. Frank entered the bus as well behind her. "Not so quickly, Space Girl," he said. Her fingers grabbed the stanchion and spun around. "Sorry, Earth Boy," she said and giggled slightly as the bus started driving. "The world is moving quickly, so am I."

Frank liked mysteries, but Rosetta was his absolute favorite. They had started talking for real a few weeks ago, and the more they talked the less Frank thought he knew. If he asked something, she would also answer in the way he least expected her too.

She sat down in one of the seats. Her high waisted shorts and her loose hoodies somehow fitted her perfectly. "Where are you going?" he asked. Space Girl just couldn't keep her feet on the ground. They always seemed to be moving. "ARoS," she answered. Frank didn't understand why she was going there of all places. Surely it was a nice museum, but it seemed too far away for a casual visit. "Why are you going there?" he asked. That was a question he had asked a few times, but her answer was always different. "I don't know. Why shouldn't I?" she asked. Frank rolled his eyes. His heart beat a bit too quickly when he looked at her. Sure, she was gorgeous, but he barely knew her. "Come on, Rose," he said. Her crystal blue eyes met his. "Fine, tell your reason when we get there," he said. The two crystals that were Rosetta eyes glowed. When she acted like that Frank thought that she loved to keep people guessing. "You're the worst, Space Girl," he said. She made a grimace like: Oh, shut up! You love me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy hearing about Rosetta Miller again. This is just a sneak peek though. The real story will begin as soon as all the chapters are done and so on. Questions and opinions are very welcome. 

-BirdLysdahl