❸❼

"What a fucking tarado

"What a fucking tarado ...."
- Arson

Nathan's P.O.V

The next morning was very awkward for our household, since Peri and I knew something that Steve and Georgina didn't know we did. I don't know about her, but I was already starting to look at P differently. In a sense of, what I've been feeling towards her for a while now was okay. We're polar opposites, I'm surprised that all this time we haven't questioned our relativity.

I was still a bit hazy on how that works, by the way. Keith and Georgina are my parents, she isn't the spawn of either of them. So, how does Steve come into play? It was smart of them to form this bond between us while we were still kids, it eliminated the potential for questions. Little did they know, that very decision would just evoke more down the line.

I put my thoughts on the back burner for a few, so that I could get ready to leave for school. I was currently waiting in the hallway for Peri to exit her room, so that we could drive together. What was I even going to say to her? The only things that stood between us progressing our relationship were Roman, and us being siblings.

Now that both walls were knocked down, what is to come of us?

She opened her door quickly and hoped out of it, slinging her book bag over one of her shoulders. When we got home last night things were quiet, so this would be our first conversation since the discovery. "Good Morning, Petra." I greet, putting emphasis on her name.

Peri shot me a look, "I only let family call me that, Nathaniel." and walked right past me. I chuckled shortly, understanding her little joke.

"Clever, you know, who's to say that Petra is even your real name. I mean, it could be Denise, or Marge." I brainstormed, only saying what I did to evoke a reaction out of her. "Neither of those names are hot, by the way, so they don't really fit you."

What I said caused her to stop walking down the steps. I couldn't see her face, but I knew she looked conflicted. "Not now, Nate, it's too soon." Was all she said, I just shut my mouth and followed her into the kitchen. Was it too soon because she only just broke up with Roman? Or, because of our discovery last night?

If not now, then when?

"Hey kids, I bought more on-the-go breakfast foods for you guys. I know how much you hate sitting down for it in the morning." Georgina informed, and neither of us had realized that she was in the kitchen.

"Oh, thanks ... thank you." Peri stumbled, not really knowing what she should address her by. I guess Gina took her awkwardness as her still being upset from Roman.

"Nathan, have you been helping your sister out?" She asked.

"My who?" I smartly question, earning a hit from Peri.

"Your sister."

I scoffed underneath my breath before opening the door to the fridge. There, I saw a box of blueberry muffins, and I grabbed one for both Peri and I. "Of course, that's what family's for, right?" I rhetorically question, and hand P her food. On that note, we both walked out of the kitchen.