❸❸

"Oh shut up, I'm not a devious person, or at least I wasn't until I started hanging out with you more

"Oh shut up, I'm not a devious person, or at least I wasn't until I started hanging out with you more."
- Asher

The following day, I met up with the usuals from yesterday, in order to discuss this whole pool day. Everyone knew the actual motive for hanging out with Farrah today, except Parker, and well, Farrah. It's a pretty simple plan, but I don't think either of them are going to catch on instantly. Actually, I can't say that, because it took Asher a few minutes to actually understand.

"Wait, let me get this straight, the only reason why we're going is to break them up?" Ash asked, and we all groaned because we've explained it multiple times. "Oh shut up, I'm not a devious person, or at least I wasn't until I started hanging out with you more."

I gasped surprisingly, because I'm the farthest thing from devious, and also since he singled me out when everyone groaned. "What!? Sammie's more unethical than I am, I don't do anything but offer undeniable support."

"That's the problem, babe, if I told you I wanted to rob a bank you'd go 'well ... if you really feel like that's the best decision then I'll support you'." Roman interjected, mocking my voice like he always does. It never fails to humor me, and I know that he likes that.

"Relationship goals." Sammie spoke sarcastically, in response to Ro's comment.

Just then, as we were about to walk to our separate third period classes, my name was called over the intercom. The school's receptionist was telling me to report to the main office, and I was confused. But I walked there anyway, saying goodbye to the three. When I finally reached the room, I was met by Keith. He stood at the desk, trying to sweet talk the woman behind it.

That revealed a lot about him, since in his mind, he's still married to my mom, with a child. I cleared my throat roughly, snapping him out of whatever game he was trying to play. He attempted to cover up the fact that he was just flirting by sitting up straight, and wiping the smile off of his face.

"I'm sorry, this man here is trying to sign you out, do you know him? His name wasn't on your contact list." Ms. Burrough asked.

"Yeah, he's my ... a childhood friend." I assure, not wanting to call him my long lost step father. I mean, to him, I wasn't even his kid, so I didn't know what reaction that would elicit. Plus, he seems to have a temper whenever things don't go his way or he's confused.

I grabbed onto his arm, before pulling him out of the office so he couldn't embarrass either of us anymore.

X

When we were both strapped into his car, I paused before speaking. I was trying to gather my thoughts together because this was the first time I've ever been alone with him. I could literally ask him anything I wanted.