Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(Sexy Joe--------->)

 Nothing could have brought me off my cloud for the last couple of days; everyone kept looking at me like I had two heads on my shoulders. It was either I was euphorically happy or I was totally spaced out. Marcus has got my head all fucked up. It took all of my energy to just focus on my work. Right now I was supposed to be finishing the final editing on the make-up advertisement, but my mind kept wondering. I so wanted to capture the image of Marcus in what I call his “Dom mode” on paper, in all his yummy sexiness, all authoritative and commanding. (Oh Swoon!).

 I shook myself and tried to focus on the computer screen in front of me. I checked the time and silently groaned. I was going to have to really pound away on this campaign for the remainder of the afternoon. I wasted most of the day floating on my own personal cloud nine. I was in the process of doing just that when my phone buzzed on my hip and startling me. I slid my finger across the lock screen and opened my new text message.

 "Sweet, I have to stay late tonight, last minute meeting, but I want you at my house waiting in my bed when I get home. Understand! M."

A shiver ran down my spine, I felt like getting up and dancing on the top of my desk. But of course I couldn't. So to heat him up even more I texted him back.

"Yes, Sir, xoxo. C." 

He immediately texted me back.

 "Good Boy, you will be rewarded. M."

 I smiled and put my phone away. I plowed back into my work. I so was busy plotting out the color scheme and reevaluating my work, I barely heard the other people packing up and leaving for the day. I wanted to finish the layout tonight because depending on what Marcus had up his sleeve for me, I knew that I was going to be exhausted or passed out afterwards later tonight. Cassie stopped by my desk with her huge purse over her shoulder. "You ready to call it day?"

 I smiled at my little pixie. "Naw, not yet I really want to finish this before going home."

 She shrugged. "Okay, don't work too hard. See ya tomorrow." She called waving goodbye as she skipped up the aisle.

 Getting back to work I checked in with Daryl to let him know I was going to be another half hour or so. I don't know how he waited so patiently all the time. I added the finishing touches, and then I sent the file to Mr. White’s email for his final approval. I was shutting everything down, when a shadow crossed my desk, looking up I locked eyes with Joe.

 "Hey." He said as he leaned his hip against my desk.

 "Hi." I responded. I hadn't spoken to him since that night in front of my apartment.

 He inhaled deeply before he continued, "Look I am sorry about jumping all over your case about your boss. I was just trying to look out for you. I never meant that you were not good enough for him. Hell, I think he doesn't deserve you and he could ruin your career before it even gets a chance to start." He ran a hand through his dark hair. "I am sorry. Like you said you are an adult and you are able to make your own choices." He finished.

 I looked up at him and watched as he avoided my eyes, something else was going on with him and I was trying to figure it out. I quietly shut down my computer and made sure everything was in my satchel. I stood up. "Okay, I accept your apology and I want to talk to you about all this but I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable seeing we never had to talk about my relationships and you are straighter than a board and........" I was cut off from the rest of what I was going to say by his lips smashing onto mine. I was so shocked by his lips moving against mine and his hands wrapping around my waist that I didn't hear the ding of the elevator or the shocked gasp from the person standing in the same aisle we were in the middle of.