chapter 3: A bit of romance?

Astrids p.o.v

"Oh, thank thor." I say. "Your alive."

His eyes were still hazy, and zoomed in and out of focus. But he managed to look at me in the eyes.

"Yes. I am, oh my god!!!" He cry's. His eyes showing fear and pain. I see a tint of gold but I shake it of. He cry's again, in agony and in pain. Right before he faints.

"Gothi!" I yell. Gothi runs over, looking worried.

She grabs her stick and writes in the sand. 'He is still getting used to the energy's projected from his body'

I stare at her. Energy?! This is bad. This power is beyond rare and dangerous. There are many myths about this power.

But the main is the dragon prince. A boy destined to create peace, using his many powers.

I know hiccup can talk to dragons and heal himself, but energy is a different level. What if he looses control?

I can't loose hiccup. I lost my brother and my father refuses to look at me because I declined snot-face... snotlouts  marriage proposal.

I know I love hiccup. He is cute and knows exactly what to say at the right time. And his eyes. Beautiful eyes. Emerald green, staring into mine- wait INTO MINE.

"Hiccup!!!" I cry. "Your alive!!!"

"Well obviously, my heart seems to be beating." He said, a smirk spread across his face. A smirk that goes well with his compelling features... ASTRID!!!

"Stop being sarcastic, and, why didn't you tell me!" I said.

"Tell you what?" I can tell he is getting confused.

"ENERGY hiccup ENERGY. Hiccup, what if you blow up, like olaf the powerful? What if i lose you?" i clap my hand to my mouth. What did I just say?

His eyes widen, and, while staring at me, said. "Gothi, if you are going to keep spying, I recommend leaving, astrid here is the finest axe warrior, and this conversation will not leave this room."

I turn around to see gothi staring at us, and, if looks could kill, she would be dead as soon as my eyes laid on her.

Hiccups p.o.v

I sensed Gothi and told her to leave, then turned back to astrid. She seemed worried, and I knew why. I have hidden my true self from the public my whole life, and she knew that she wouldn't be the first and last person to stubble across me when a loose control. i still remember the day she found out.

Flashback

Hiccup was running from snotlout. He had just beaten him up and it took all self control to stop himself from blowing snotlout to bits. Hiccup was 7 years old.

He ran into the forest, deep into the forest. Tears were pouring from his face and blood covered his arm, where snotlout had broken it.

Astrid was running from her father. He had just, literally killed her mother. He had forced her to not tell any one, and to blame it on dragons. She only knew one place which was safe. The forest.

Both children run further into the bush, determined to not look back, to not face their problems. That was when hiccup collapsed and cried out in pain, and astrid heard a scream of agony. being the warrior she was, she went to investigate, and found Hiccup lying on the ground, seeming lifeless.

She ran to her friends side, and started shacking him, telling him to wake up. Hiccup was the only person, apart from Gobber, who looked after them when no one else, who got her. Who took Astrid as herself, as a scared little girl, searching forever for a family to call her own, ones that wouldn't beat her and scare her.

That was when she saw the gold . the gold rushing threw his vein. It went up to his broken arm, and swirled around it, making it vanish from view. when it was gone, it had revealed a mended arm.

Astrid was shocked. Hiccup wasn't supposed to have powers, well, that is what the adults say.

Gobber, who had just come back from yelling at snotlout. He went to find hiccup, but came across astrid staring at hiccups 'used to be' broken arm. Gobber knew exactly what had happen. 

"Astrid," he said, going up to the little girl, "you can't tell anyone about this."

"Why" she asked confused.

"He can be dangerous, and he doesn't want to be used as a weapon." he stated

"Ummm, okay, as long as i can come to your place. I would like, a place to go when i am scared." Gobber, who knew what her father did to her, agreed.

"Tell hiccup that i was here okay." she said, before running into the trees. Gobber smiled after the girl, not realising hiccup had been awake the whole time.

End of flash back

Hiccup smiled at the memory. He liked that day, the day astrid called them friends.

"What are you smiling at!" yelled astrid

"you know the day you discovered..."

"ohh!" she says but expression changes, "tell me about the energy."

"Look, remember the day Gobber said that i was dangerous, well i have had energy forever, and I kept it a secret to protect those i love, because if berk found out, the would want me as a weapon, and if i refused they would kill them. Astrid, you and gobber are the only people I care about,"

I am starting to get a sick feeling. Astrids eyes are building up with tears.

"I can't loose you. You can't leave me..."

I am silenced by her lips pressing against mine.

"I won't' leave you. I promise" her finally words before she slips next to me, and I see gothi wink in the corner.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hey there guys and girls. (the name needs work. Any ideas on what I should call you.)

I hope you like this chapter.

Please comment

See you next time

Grace signing out