Chapter 31

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the late update. I've been so busy. I hope you like this new chapter. Make sure to comment anything you want me to adjust or correct. Thanks...love ya always.

This chapter is dedicated to riavjvrj

Kent's POV

I left the park and headed home, Ximena was waiting outside the house. I wondered why. I took a few step closer to her and I could see tension in her eyes, her eyebrow were furrowed and her lips seemed to be trembling.

"Where have you been? I've been so worried" Ximena said in her deep accent, frustrated while running her hand through her hair and placing it on her waist right after.

"I just went for a walk. I can't keep staying indoors all my life. I think it's time I resume school" I said without thinking. I just wanted to get the hell out of this house and stay away for as long as I could just like before now. I see no reason staying in an empty house, Ximena was always around, she had always been but I really didn't care.

"Of course, you will. But don't go anywhere without telling me" She replied. Did she just talked to me like that? I'm not her son and neither was I a fucking kid.

"You're not my mom, don't tell me what to do" I snapped. Her features dropped as she went mute and looked away. I suddenly felt like I had just hurt her feelings, she had always been there for me and she treated me like a son. But I really didn't need someone babysitting me around and telling me what to do.

I took a sharp breath "I'm sorry" I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"It's okay" She smiled and nodded. I always yelled at her every time because I knew she was quick to forgive. I wished it was that simple with me and my mom, she and my dad. Maybe this family wouldn't be so messed up.

Just when she was about to turn around I said "Can I ask you something?" She paused before talking. She must be wondering what was going on in my head.

"Of course, go ahead" She replied

"Was there someone else coming around besides Tia?" I asked. I didn't know why I was asking but somehow I just wanted it to be true that my mom came around.

"Anyone? What are you saying?" She chuckled nervously.

"Have you by any chance noticed someone else visiting me when I was in co..." I paused. I really didn't like the word coma. I just hated myself whenever I had l to remember I was in that situation. "I mean... the hospital." I corrected. "Anyone besides Tia?"

"Do you feel there is someone you should see besides your girlfriend?" It was the first time that I wanted my mom to be there for me so bad. I wished it was going to her.

"You don't answer a question with a question" I raised my brow at her. I was already raising my voice. I heaved a deep sigh before talking again. "Was there someone else besides Tia?" I ask in calmly.

"Uh..uhmm..uh...." She stuttered as she trailed off,  suddenly seeming to be suddenly robbed of her words. "Oh..no, not at all" She smiled convincingly but I wasn't convinced with her toneless voice. Still, I didn't think she wound dare keep anything from me.

"Oh...okay" I said and smirked.

"Let's go in" She said as she turned around and I walked slowly behind her. But just couldn't stop the feeling of wanting to see someone so bad.

What was wrong with me?

NEXT MORNING

Alex's POV