One Big Happy Family

Mike threw a crumbled up ball of paper at me and I glared at him. He only smiled, continuing to chew loudly on the gum he had in his mouth. "You should be paying attention." I whispered to him.

"I am, can't I annoy you at the same time though?" He whispered back. I shook my head again and straightened up in my seat. Licking his lips, Mike tugged on his hat and pulled it around Ash Ketchum style until the bill was behind his head.

"Aw come on, you love me." He said, putting his arms on his desk and grinning at me like an idiot.

"Maybe."

"Ooo.. Somebody call Calum, I think Lily is falling for me." Mike teased. Ever since I met Mike, he's know that I've had a boyfriend. When we first started talking, thanks to assigned lab partners in our biology class, I was nervous. Not because I wasn't good at making friends or because he was in a fraternity. It was mostly because I didn't want a repeat of my senior year of high school with Calum. While everything turned out fine, I just didn't want Calum to think I was trying to play him or something by having guy friends.

So when Mike asked me after class that first day if I would want to go get lunch, I wasted no time in telling him about Calum, despite how awkward I sounded and felt about it. "Oh, I um.. Would love to. As friends right? I mean, I don't think you're trying to ask me out but I have a boyfriend." Mike just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I know."

"What?" I asked, confused. I didn't know Mike and he didn't know me so how did he know I had a boyfriend? "How do you know?" He laughed a little.

"I don't know. I have a pretty good radar about that stuff. You two have been together for a while haven't you?"

"Almost two years." Mike let out a low whistle.

"Damn. That's cool but yeah, I am asking you as a friend and my lab partner. We should get to know each other right?" I smiled. Mike seemed like a good guy.

"Yeah, of course." Except when I told Calum about him, he stiffened up a little and stared at me hard. I touched his arm lightly.

"Please don't Calum. Mike is nice, he already knew I had a boyfriend. We're not going to have a repeat of last year." Calum had said nothing. I knew he was a little pissed to find out Lance was going to be going to the same college as us but adding another guy friend in to the mix was probably making him madder than hell and really nervous. "He's a nice guy, I think you'll like him."

"Can I meet him? Is that weird?" He asked leaning towards me on the table.

"If you want to, sure. You can probably hang around me before my bio class and meet him but, Calum." I smiled at him. "He's not my type."

"What does he look like?"

"Bleached blond hair, in a fraternity, kind of looks like he could be an asshole but isn't." Calum frowned.

"You just described me. Kind of." I started to laugh. "I had those blond streaks in my hair, I almost joined a fraternity and I was an asshole who turned out not to be such a bad guy." I kissed him lightly on the lips.

"Calum I swear to god."

"What?"

"What's it going to take for you to realize that I love you and I'm not going to leave you?"