Chapter Seven | If You've Seen And Loved Pocahontas Then You And I Are Soulmates

We only stayed another ten minutes or so once Marley had left, because around the same time I got back to the group after watching the red truck drive away, Samson was on his phone, a serious yet anticipated look on his face.

"I gotta get you home, guys." Samson called out just as the bigger fireworks went off. "Curfew, sorry."

Cara had rolled her eyes at that. "You don't have curfew."

"I do now."

"Since when."

"Since I said I had curfew." 

Cori had had to stifle her laugh at that one. Cara hadn't looked like she'd got any less mad the whole time we'd been at the paddock, probably because we interrupted the make out session her and Samson would have had, but no one seemed particuarly bothered about how she was feeling right now.

The trip home was mostly silent, with Samson glancing at me in the back again, but my mind was elsewhere.

Was he looking because he hadn't gotten the hint before when I'd politely turned him down, or was he curious as to why there was a little smile on my face the whole way home?

Probably both. 

My little talk with Marley had gone much better than I'd been anticipating, and it had me in high spirits as we drove. I had even almost made him smile. That, I felt, was a feat in itself when it came to Marley.

I was just sort of glad he hadn't shut me down and ignored me or anything. 

We got back to Aria's around 9pm, minus Cara, but Cori was visibly relieved when she stayed in Samson's Jeep. We watched as they drove away from the curb, the tail lights disappearing around the corner and into the night. 

"Thank God we got rid of her." Cori muttered, shaking her head as she walked up the short path towards Aria's front door. "She makes me want to pull a tooth out." 

"Be nice, she's your sister." Rose scolded, earning a half hearted glare from Cori.

"You wouldn't say that if you had to live with her." 

"Yes she would, she's too nice for her own good." Stella piped up, getting a giggle out of everyone, even Rose. The girl shrugged in a 'what can you do' motion, before Aria opened the front door and we all stepped through the door frame, her warm and inviting house relaxing me instantly. 

"Where's your parents and your sister?" I asked once we'd got into the open plan lounge and kitchen area. "And Toby?" 

"Toby and Maddy went home, and mum and dad have a work do on, they should be home in about half an hour, though." Aria replied, looking up at the clock as if to confirm that. "But while we've got the house to ourselves, and it's only 9, should we watch a movie?" 

Everyone agreed at once, and soon, I found myself cuddled on the sofa with Cori and Stella, a little giggly smile on my face and yet again, grey eyes like the storm clouds, in the back of my mind. 

"You think it'll be a big crowd tonight?" Jag asked in excitement, rubbing his hands together as Archer and I followed him in the direction of the back door to the gang warehouse downtown. I rolled my eyes around the same time Jag turned to look at us, which earned me another earful from the dickface. 

"Hey, you, stop with the sulking. Sorry we had to drag you away from hospital girl, but this is an important fight tonight." 

"Her names Indy. And why? Because you're letting Archer get back into the fighting circle?"