Log 2 1-13-13

My first day of work Reminds me of collage. All the days of analyzing DNA and putting random genes are coming back to me. At least I know what I am doing can be live saving.

 I read an article that was on the billboard, where they put interesting articles, about mutations and how often they occur in different organisms and pathogens. Apparently they are more random than scientists theorized.

 I was told to use a device the professor gave me(that I did not know what the hell it is) to analyze the antigens on viruses and bacteria. I went to use it and failed misrably. I just poured the liquid that contained the viruses on the paper thingy  and shut it. When I turned it on, the screen said that there was an error.

 My boss runs in and asks"What the hell are you doing!"When I explain to him what I did, he yelled at me for being stupid and asked why I hadn't learned how to do this in school. Then I said what school I went to. I had went to the CHEAPEST school ever. It was so cheap, that they still used chalkboards, and it cost a nickel to use a pencil-sharpener. My school, since so cheap, never bothered to even buy it because it was so expensive.

 After the inncident, they took the one that was contaminated with viruses to decontaminate it and brought in a new one. One of the scientists gave me a toutorial on how to use it. By the end of the day, I personaly thought I was a proffesional at it.

 But when I went to bed that night, the artical that I had read today lingered in my head and troubled me through-out the night.