Chapter 4

ೋღ♥ ღೋ Chapter 4. ೋღ♥ ღೋ

Copyright © 2014 AKattanXOX

On walking out of the restaurant, Natalie realized how much money she'd be turning down, but she'd be giving away years of her life in a loveless marriage for show. She'd rather be broke and move back home with her tail between her legs...

Taking a deep breath, she turned around. No way was she going back home and letting everyone point out that she'd made a foolish decision rushing off to New York, making fun of her for thinking she'd make something of herself. This is stupid.

Michael was surprised to see her return.

"Okay, let's talk." She sat down, consigned to the fact that her life was about to change. "What are the terms, and what do I need to know?"

"You're back," it was simply a statement.

"Do you need a wife or don't you? Let's get down to the basics."

"I still have people to interview," he lied. As soon as he'd seen her picture, he knew she was the one. He planned on keeping the upper hand.

"I'll get back to you in a few days after I've spoken to everyone."

"Right," she rolled her eyes, and plucked a warm roll from the basket that was just delivered.

"Bread?"

"You've got a problem with me eating?" She arched an eyebrow.

"I didn't think models did bread," he shrugged.

"You want me to starve myself? Yeah, not going to happen," she said, sliding a dab of butter on the roll and watching it melt.

"No, it's refreshing to see a woman eating more than a shred of lettuce and a glass of water."

"I grew up with a lot of comfort foods," she offered. "My mom was always in the kitchen making something good. I should have paid attention better, and maybe I'd be a better cook. Oh, by the way, I don't cook."
"That's fine, I have somebody that does that, and I tend to eat out a lot."
"And I'm not interested in being a maid," she was getting more comfortable; she might as well put it out there. "And sex, out of the question. Besides, I'm not attracted to you anyway, so that makes it easy."
Michael laughed.

"What are you laughing at?"

"You're not attracted to me? Not one tiny bit?"

"Nope," she said, sipping from the crystal stemmed water glass.

"Then why is everything in your face, the way you're looking at me, to your pouty, little lips, to those pretty flushed cheeks telling me something different?"
Natalie blushed, "You're signals are crossed, and you're reading something that isn't there."

"Okay then," he stood. "This meeting is over. Thanks for your time," he offered his hand.

She sat looking up at him. "Fine, I'm a little bit attracted to you."

"We can play this two ways, you can figure out if this would work between us, or we can play games. I'm not much for games," he finished.
Natalie reminded herself how much was at stake monetarily, and swallowed, "No games."

"I chose you for a meeting, because you're a beautiful woman, but I'm not looking for a bitch. Let me make that clear. We'll have to spend time together over the next five years, the first year living apart, there will be an engagement, and then you'd agree to be my wife, move into my home, and when the contractual obligation is filled, your life is your own again."

"You make it sound so cut and dry," she said, not flinching.
"You'll be treated well, enjoy a nice lifestyle, and leave with a comfortable nest egg."
She nodded, "Right."