Chapter 3

ೋღ♥ ღೋ Chapter 3. ೋღ♥ ღೋ

Copyright © 2014 AKattanXOX

Natalie slid into her dress, letting it hug her curves. Stepping into her shoes, she gave herself a once over. She stood before the mirror, and ran the brush through her long hair one more time. Why was this any different than the other jobs she's done? Why was she so nervous? She knew why, but talked herself down from the edge before calling her agent to cancel.

It's not like she had a lot of other opportunities popping up, and if she didn't do something soon, she'd lose her apartment. Taking a deep breath, swallowing down her fear of failure, Natalie shifted through her make-up, pulling out her favorite eyeliner. It was a deep black gel, and as she lined her eyes, she thought of every reason she shouldn't be going tonight. She knew she'd follow through - at this point she wanted to figure out who would hire a bride, pure curiosity.

Sweeping a dusting of eye shadow over her lids, Natalie realized she was holding her breath. Her shoulders were tight, and the tension was riding her. Exhaling deeply, she forced herself to breath. It's just a meeting. Picking up her mascara, she ran it through her lashes. She had to steady herself, gripping the sink's edge. Her Hands was starting to shake, and with each passing second, she realized it was a mistake. She should cancel.

Tossing her mascara back in the bin with her make-up, she went and sat on the edge of her bed. Could she truly follow through? This is insane. Was she really that desperate for money? What about her pride?

Natalie forced herself back into the bathroom to finish her make-up, drawing a blush brush across her cheeks, and adding a slick of lipstick and gloss.

Her heart felt like it would leap from her chest. She pressed her hand against her chest, as if she needed to hold it in place. Deep breaths, deep breaths. She was going to wear her hair up, but decided to let it cascade past her shoulders. Satisfied with her appearance, she paced around her tiny apartment trying to calm her nerves.

The car would be here soon. He would be there, meeting her, asking her to spend time with him. Who was it? Why were they desperate to buy a bride? Were they hideous, cruel, and uncaring? Had they pushed away other people or were they simply wealthy and buying someone was easier. Oh my god, I'm selling my soul. Her stomach clenched, why was she even agreeing to meet this man?

Tossing her keys, some cash, her ID, and a few mints into her small bag, she headed out the door. Walking down five flights of stairs in the steeply inclined heels wasn't a picnic, but as she rounded the final section of stairs, Natalie realized the only thing she cared about at this moment was the car that was coming to get her.

Thankfully it wasn't raining, so taking her place on the sidewalk in front of her building, she waited for her ride. A black town car arrived, double parking. An older gentleman asked her name, and then escorted her to the car, opening the door for her.

"Thank you," she said. It all felt surreal. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm herself before she gave away her nervous state.

As the driver got into the car, he made polite small talk, and then apologized for not having more information for her. He was hired to drive her - and knew nothing about the arrangements otherwise.

Dropping her at the given address, Natalie was greeted by a gentleman who'd been waiting for her to arrive. Was this him? She held her breath, "Hi, I'm Natalie."

"Nice to meet you, right this way," he instructed, taking her through the main lobby of the restaurant, and then opening French doors to a more private dining area.

Her heart stopped on seeing him from behind. He was seated at a booth, his back turned. He had short, dark hair - he certainly wasn't grey. Walking up, she held her breath.