Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Anne drew's POV

[Next Day]

Monday. That means time for school. And it’s the last week of the month. Well, I’m not really looking forward for school because it means that I have to face another part of my life without friends. Except for Terrence though, but we have different courses and we only see each other on lunch breaks, recess, English and dismissal time. The reasons why I don’t have friends are 1) I’m not friendly 2) they’re all freaks and whores and 3) they don’t like me for an unknown reason which is good because I don’t like them back. I’m just complaining because, well… I like to complain. That’s what I do with my life. After drying my hair I grabbed my bag and went downstairs for breakfast. “Morning.” I greeted them.

“Morning, dear.” Grannie said. “Let’s have breakfast.”

I sat down beside Justin and started eating. “Jus.” I whispered. “Did you tell her already?”

“No.” he whispered back then cleared his throat. Oh no. I don’t wanna be here when he tells her. So I stood up and excused myself, but Justin grabbed my wrist and made me sit again. I gave him a death glare but stayed anyway. Do I have a choice? “Gran?” he began.

“Yes dear?” she looked at us dearly. I think I’m going to cry. I’m emotionally unstable okay? So back off.

“Uhm. We got signed to a contract at Syco. You know, with Simon Cowell?” he said.

“Really dear? Well that is wonderful. I’m so happy for you guys. I’m sure you’re parents are too.” She said. Oh that’s it I can’t take it anymore. I stood up and hugged her. I let my tears fall silently down my cheek and before it hit her head I wiped it away. “What’s wrong honey?”

“We have to go to America for the whole summer.” I said in between sobs. “A-and, no one’s gonna be left with you.”

“That’s alright dear.” She patted my hand. “Don’t mind me. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy.”

I sobbed even harder. “I don’t wanna leave you here.” I’ve always been close to her. She’s basically like my second mom. That’s why it’s hard for me to leave her.

“I can stay at Stacie’s for the rest of the summer you know.” She smiled. “Now, now. You’re gonna be late for school. Off you two go.”

I kissed her head and walked out the house with Justin, even if I don’t want to. I know she’s doing this because it’s what she promised our parents at the wake. Justin let me sob until we reached the parking lot of the school. “Shh. It’s alright. We’re gonna work this out.” He said and hugged me. “Fix yourself. We don’t want you to look like a mess when we get out.” He smiled and wiped my tears away. I brushed my hair and went outside. Terrence met us at the entrance of the school.

“Hey, what happened?” he asked with concern in his voice as soon as he saw me.

“We already told gran about the tour.” Justin explained lightly. Terrence nodded in understanding what happened. That is what I like about Terrence. A little explanation would do and he’s not the one to pry.

[Lunch break]

Since lunch is right after English, Terrence and I walked to the cafeteria. I still feel gloomy up to now. “Why don’t you wait for me at the table while I order us some food? Okay?” I just nodded and went to our table beside the window. He is basically like a brother to me. He knows what I want, what I feel and he understands me. Just like Justin. “Here’s our food Andi.” He said cheerfully as he came back with the tray.