Chapter 4 - The Not-So Enchanted Forest

The servants began to clean up the "postponed" wedding. They were taking down flowers, silks, leaving the whole chapel empty. Briar's casket remained inside, almost ready to moved.

Suddenly, a whisk of green and blue magic appeared and made Briar's casket disappear. A few servants shrieked. The current sleeping beauty was gone! The news than rushed quickly to Queen Apple White.

"It's gone?!" She screamed.

"Yes my queen, but we don't know who did it."

"Raven Queen did this!" She said with fury.

"Actually no, my queen. It appears the magic was sort of an off green and blue color. Raven's magic is more of purple."

"The only other person with magic like that would have to be Farrah Goodfairy, but she would never do that...or, Faybelle Thorn." She said whispering her name.

Apple looked outside. "Summon the visitors. I have the next stage of the plan for them."

~•~

Dexter tried to wiggle his way out of his chair. Not his idea of comfort. Well, neither was Apple. The castle doors suddenly opened with a loud, startling creak.

"Dex?" A voice said. Dexter turned his head as much as he could.

"Hunter?!" He said with joy.

Hunter ran to him.

"Lemme guess? Raven strapped you here?" He said with a snicker.

"Hey it's not funny!" Dexter said with a smirk.

"I'm not really surprised, she's kinda obsessed with you." Hunter said examining the chair.

"Really?" Dexter said with a tiny sparkle in his eyes.

"Totally. Aha! Here it is!" Hunter said.

"What? What did you find?" Dexter said.

"Raven gave me a key that opens all the doors in the castle. And all the locks."

Hunter said, then he unlocked Dexter's chains, which freed him.

"Thanks, but you sure Raven isn't gonna be mad at you?" Dexter said, a bit worried.

"She will, but not that bad." Hunter shrugged casually. Then he walked along the hallway with Dexter tagging along.

"Where are we going?"

"To Raven, I gotta let her know that I came back and that she should take it easy on you."

"You know she saw you, right?" Dexter said, having a worried expression.

"Doing what?" Hunter said, also striking a bit of fear.

"You with Ashlynn, in the fields."

"Oh no." Hunter said putting his palm on his face.

"Okay, just gotta explain to her." Hunter said opening the door. "You better wait here, now that you told me."

Dexter nodded. Hunter swung open the door and went inside.

"Hey Queenie." He said, trying to act casual.

"Don't call me that." Raven replied sternly while studying a letter.

"Who's that from?" Hunter said with a bit of curiosity. It's not everyday Raven got letters, or mail. "None of your business. And by the way I saw you with Ashlynn." Raven replied, with her face getting a bit more tense. Hunter stood a bit nervously. "We were just...meeting again."